Water Bill - Anyone beat this?

Family of 4 in a large detached property, kids have own en-suites.

Ranges from £35 to £38 a month.
STW.

When we moved in I noted the 5 toilets were all leaking so replaced all of the seals, easy enough to do and brought the bill right down.

I can only dream of that cost. Just the two of us and its £69 per month (£1.958/m3 supply, £2.461/m3 waste plus equally bad standing charges - Southern Water)

Ours was put up to £74/mo last year (2 adults, 4 bed w/ combi boiler). As expected we ran up a huge amount of credit; we opted for a refund and it's been adjusted down to £54/mo now which still seems high compared to some.

Surely something's wrong if you're paying that much for 2 people?

No there aren't any leaks as the meter doesn't move when not using water and I've tested this on several occasions overnight. Its mostly Southern Water costs compared to other suppliers (waste almost double one quoted above) plus about 50% of our use is our showers which aren't overly long but we do have very good flow rates due to my upgrades of all pipework from the meter to the showers.

1m3 water = 1000L water
45,000L of water in 68 days? you sure you don't have a leak somewhere?

Just checked and the meter isn't moving when nothing is being used.

Will check it weekly and see how it looks. Might have to wash my daughter in a thimble of water instead of the bath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom