WBAC Values

So yeah, Cazoo gave me the full price quoted on the c class, so that’s gone.

I collected the 508sw too. I noticed 3 chips on the bonnet that wasn’t on the condition report, so not too happy. I let them know this morning and someone was due to get back to me, no one did. Considering using the 7 day money guarantee and going elsewhere.

I collected the 508sw too. I noticed 3 chips on the bonnet that wasn’t on the condition report, so not too happy. I let them know this morning and someone was due to get back to me, no one did. Considering using the 7 day money guarantee and going elsewhere.

Can you not just knock £1000 of the agreed price, since that is what they'd do to you. :p

Hah... leave you hanging for a week... 'sorry sir the 7 days has passed' :p

Having had a bad experience going to pick up a car 100 miles away in Feb this year, I’ll never put a deposit on, nor buy a car remotely and without a test drive ever again.

I know good buys can be had but id just rather inspect the car myself now and make sure I’m happy.

Sounds a tad emotional tbh. Just get the chips touched up...

If I only had the foresight of this. I could have bought my discovery sport for £33k in December and sold 12month a later… webuyanycar and motorway offered an average of £48K
The world is a bright and glorious place if you venture out from under that rock :cry:

15k profit sounds dubious though, what's the actual gain on what you sold?

Its definitely gone mad. I was glancing through some 1 and 2 year old x5 45e for sale yesterday at bmw main dealers and they are all £70k+ The car was probably that price when new depending on options and these are all 1 to 2 years old with 14k to 30k miles on them.

My new one cost £72k but I have to wait until Feb for it.

I’ve been watching prices of my own car recently and reading this thread with interest so thought I’d update with my own experience.

My 2018 Audi A6 40 TDI went up on Motorway on Wednesday after a valuation of £29,240. It only managed to reach £26,000 so obviously I didn’t sell.

I just sold it today to WBAC for £29,345, big increase on the £28,000 they were offering just a couple of weeks ago.

The guy at WBAC did say that if I wasn’t in my 4 day price guarantee period, having done the most recent valuation on Monday, they would have given me £650 less for it.

I had checked with another local dealer prior to this who was advertising as beating WBAC quotes who suggested that prices have taken a hit this week and couldn’t offer me anywhere near the WBAC valuation.

I do live in NI so may be a local thing. Looking forward to my new M340i arriving next week.

I’ve given in.
Taking our 67 plate Civic to Arnold Clarke at weekend.
Had it 3 years and made almost £1000.

I’ve been watching prices of my own car recently and reading this thread with interest so thought I’d update with my own experience.

My 2018 Audi A6 40 TDI went up on Motorway on Wednesday after a valuation of £29,240. It only managed to reach £26,000 so obviously I didn’t sell.

I just sold it today to WBAC for £29,345, big increase on the £28,000 they were offering just a couple of weeks ago.

The guy at WBAC did say that if I wasn’t in my 4 day price guarantee period, having done the most recent valuation on Monday, they would have given me £650 less for it.

I had checked with another local dealer prior to this who was advertising as beating WBAC quotes who suggested that prices have taken a hit this week and couldn’t offer me anywhere near the WBAC valuation.

I do live in NI so may be a local thing. Looking forward to my new M340i arriving next week.
I've been checking mine and it's dropped 10%:eek:. Initially webuyanycar website was asking me to ring them even though they've provided quotes before. It then did work, but maybe they were mid update on prices:confused:.

As in £1k more than you bought it for?

Yes.
I’m not stupid, I realise the price is actually the vehicles real worth and it would cost more than that to replace.
I’ve quit my job and now walk to work therefore our old Citroen will serve family car duties - still got the ULEZ compliant Z4 for weekend/fun use.
The Civic boot was too small for bell tent camping, I couldn’t service it DIY and has a silly belt in oil cam drive system.

Well it’s done.
Civic is no more.
Sold at Arnold Clark for £200 more than we paid 2 1/2 years ago.

(edited, paid more than I remember)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom