WBAC Values

Associate
Bought a second hand diesel Astra elite on PCP (I know :p) 2 years ago as I was doing around 30k a year commuting. Then COVID hit so the car hardly moves as I’m working from home. I’ve put 26k miles on it and Arnold Clark have offered me £500 more than I paid for it. So after clearing the finance I’ve got around 2.6k back.

The Mrs has a car so no rush to get another one. I’ll wait until prices hopefully calm down again.

Associate
Bought a second hand diesel Astra elite on PCP (I know :p) 2 years ago as I was doing around 30k a year commuting. Then COVID hit so the car hardly moves as I’m working from home. I’ve put 26k miles on it and Arnold Clark have offered me £500 more than I paid for it. So after clearing the finance I’ve got around 2.6k back.

The Mrs has a car so no rush to get another one. I’ll wait until prices hopefully calm down again.

Great result. It's nice to finally have a time when we aren't shafted every time we sell/trade in our cars.

Associate
Girlfriend gets her new car this Friday so her PCP Audi can be sold on and hopefully a tidy profit after the settlement figure.

Any other companies to try to get the highest figure and any pro/cons with motorway?

Audi A3 1.0 TFSI Sline 5door 68 plate 12.6k miles.

Motorway 19868
WBAC 17325
Cazoo 19350
Evans Halshaw 18960
Carwow 19673 via money4yourmotors and wewantanycar

Last edited:
Soldato
To add balance and show it's basically a lottery, mine was about £1.3k higher than the estimate.

The good news is you can use Motorway and say no if thebid isn't to your liking!

Associate
Is that the confirmed price or initial price on their website? Mine was considerably lower after the offers from dealers came in.

Initial valuation from motorway but waiting on dealers to come back with offer.

Arnold Clark have an offer with +500 on at the moment and are about 19.5k so looking like the winner.

Soldato
Strange thing happened.
I put the reg into ULEZ checker and it came up non compliant.
Then I did it again today and it came up compliant.
All I was waiting for really.
Tax is a bit pricey at £300 ish but insurance is dirt cheap.
You'll soon make it back on all of those hair appointments :o:D

Caporegime
Anyone sold to WBAC or Cazoo?

I have a fault on the dash, caused by the brake light (which still passes mot due to being the 3rd light) will they still buy it or is it worth spending the £50 getting it fixed first?

Edit - NVM, gave it a tap and the faults cleared.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom