WBAC Values

Associate
Handy to know, thanks!

It's only around the circumference but probably the only thing that'll mark the car down a touch. Everything else is completely fine (or will be after a wee wash! :D)

Soldato
Do the likes of WBAC track if you make multiple requests for a vehicle - potentially lowering qoutes if you've clearly got some intention to sell ?
or, even, exchange your details with other similar services.

- so do people make requests for identical cars with different reg plates to check.

(Car insurance service obviously have a reputation for changing premiums if you are making many quotes, hence people use close addresses)

Man of Honour
Do the likes of WBAC track if you make multiple requests for a vehicle - potentially lowering qoutes if you've clearly got some intention to sell ?
or, even, exchange your details with other similar services.

- so do people make requests for identical cars with different reg plates to check.

(Car insurance service obviously have a reputation for changing premiums if you are making many quotes, hence people use close addresses)
I don't think so. I've spammed the same reg numerous times and it goes up as well as down. I did have a weird thing with Cazoo last year where it seemed to give lower valuations on Mondays compared to the weekend, I surmised that maybe Monday is the most common day people have bills hitting their account and hence have a panic about raising funds, but it could be something like their stock levels refresh after the weekend. It was odd though, it dropped a lot on Monday and then went back up on Tuesday a couple of times.

Arguably if they track this it might make sense to adjust their quotes upwards to make them more competitive if people keep getting valuations but not selling and their valuations are lower than competitors.

Soldato
Not WBAC, but I sold my car today with Cazoo.

I was getting part exchange values of around £12k from garages. WBAC were offering £12.5k.

Cazoo were offering the highest at £14,400 on their website for excellent condition.

Now I know my vehicle wasn't in excellent condition, so was expecting the price to be knocked down. I cleaned the car in the morning before taking it down there and every alloy had damage, there was a number of minor stone chips on the bonnet and a couple of scratches. My wife had also damaged some plastic trim at the bottom of the rear door on a recent shopping trip.

Chap took my service history documents, keys and locking wheel nut. He got in the car, started it up, reversed a meter or so and then moved the car forwards. That was it. No walking around the car to inspect the body work. Was there 5 minutes and money in my account before I got into my father in laws car to bring me back home.

Considering I paid £16k for it around 3 years ago, I'm happy with a £1.6k loss in that time.

Well, it's now up for sale on Cazoo's website. Priced up at £16,475. That's more than I paid for it 2.5 years ago.

Looks like they've refurbished all of the alloy wheels. Their imperfections have either missed some scratches or stones chips that were there or they've corrected it prior to sale.

Associate
Traded another car in, our 4 year old VW Touran. Cost £23k new when list price was £30k. 4 years and 20k miles later and i traded in for £20k. Looking at the prices on Auto Trader, I wouldn't be surprised to see it for sale at about £26k.

Associate
Anyone sold via Motorway? I have agreed a price with a dealer. They are arranging pickup next week. I assume they bank transfer you whilst the driver is here? I don’t want to release the car until I’ve received the money.

Soldato
Anyone sold via Motorway? I have agreed a price with a dealer. They are arranging pickup next week. I assume they bank transfer you whilst the driver is here? I don’t want to release the car until I’ve received the money.
Yes, I sold an M240 to them, settling finance and giving me the rest. Dealer drove down, gave the car a look over and then did the funds on his phone in front of me to each account. I could see the funds arrive in my account.
If you have finance make sure you have a settlement letter/email ready with exactly how much and where to send it. The only wrinkle for me was not verifying he paid the amount to the right finance account, he had used different details. I thought I had been had over, phoned him and he assured me all was well and it was some peculiarity of the bank that owns bmw finance, I phoned Motorway and they assured me that all would be ok, dealers were verified and he wouldn't be able to sell the car on unless the finance was clear. Anyway, everything was absolutely fine! but it did make for a sweaty couple of hours :)

Associate
Yes, I sold an M240 to them, settling finance and giving me the rest. Dealer drove down, gave the car a look over and then did the funds on his phone in front of me to each account. I could see the funds arrive in my account.
If you have finance make sure you have a settle….

Thank you. I don’t have finance so should be straightforward.

Associate

I did last year. Driver turned up but funds weren't in my account.

He was happy to wait, with me supplying a coffee, until the funds cleared. It was easy!

OcUK Staff
OP
I’ve personally sold to WBAC and traders always been easy and simple, also the car I took to WBAC had some minor issues so took it last thing on a Friday and the guy spotted only 1/3 of the issues and knocked like £140 of the value of 6k, so easy.

I know people who have sold to Cazoo who say it’s the easiest as they turn up, load the car and leave and generally only ever check for the V5 and service book and the car check is literally start it check for error lights and then turn it off, job done.

I think it’s why these buying companies are doing so well because they tend to offer fair prices now and they don’t mess you about at all, no need to deal with strangers or random test pilots and tyre kickers.

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah I did last year, was pretty easy. The driver did a quick test drive and inspected it visually + had a look at the idrive/under the bonnet. He didn't try to knock anything off the agreed price and the bank transfer was done on the spot before he left. The whole thing took about an hour if I remember.

Caporegime
To be fair prices always fall on new reg month, they did 6 months ago but then bounce back to what they were again the month after. Will be interesting to see what happens this time.

This month is definitely the month to buy a second hand car though.

Back
Top Bottom