WBAC Values

Soldato
Legroom in the back, does the B pillar really get in the way getting in and out? Comfort and usability of the screen and interface? Does it make a nice noise? Thanks. Oh and photos!

Will get back to you on the wider points. But re screen, totally usable, decent system but I just use Android auto. Really nicely built into the dash rather than just an ipad stuck to a dash.

However the screen resolution is lower than in my old f type, it's fine, but if you are coming from a superior screen you'll notice. Imagine going back to a phone from 5 years ago or so

Caporegime
Will get back to you on the wider points. But re screen, totally usable, decent system but I just use Android auto. Really nicely built into the dash rather than just an ipad stuck to a dash.

However the screen resolution is lower than in my old f type, it's fine, but if you are coming from a superior screen you'll notice. Imagine going back to a phone from 5 years ago or so
Thanks.

Man of Honour
they offered £7k which they declined, on leaving a car pulled in front of them
I was expecting a completely different outcome when I read this.

Plot twist: The local dealer is in cahoots with the WBAC monkey, the latter gets commission to just come up with silly lowball valuations so the seller feels happy taking a much better offer from the dealer, which was still lower than the true valuation.

Soldato

Plot twist: The local dealer is in cahoots with the WBAC monkey, the latter gets commission to just come up with silly lowball valuations so the seller feels happy taking a much better offer from the dealer, which was still lower than the true valuation.

Yes, this does seem really suspicious. My dealings with WBAC (two cars now) were both positive, one car they actually notched the value up as the damage wasn't as bad in there opinion as I had declared and the other down a bit but nothing more than expected (bonnet chips and sketchy service history) . They don't low ball, they just adjust for declared/undeclared damage or history.

I have also used Motorway and again it was pretty much on value first given but not over like the advert said it might be.

Soldato
I’ve said in the past, but just as a reminder. WBAC staff are bonused based on how accurate their appraisal is compared to the BCA appraisal. The latter is always very accurate, and needs to be.
Years ago, they were bonused on profit but this was ruled unfair and they were told to stop it. There is no benefit in the WBAC worker to lowball you.

Man of Honour
I’ve said in the past, but just as a reminder. WBAC staff are bonused based on how accurate their appraisal is compared to the BCA appraisal. The latter is always very accurate, and needs to be.
Years ago, they were bonused on profit but this was ruled unfair and they were told to stop it. There is no benefit in the WBAC worker to lowball you.
Exactly, that's why it seems odd to knock £5k off a £12k original valuation, when the car is worth at least £11.5k to a local dealer so presumably can't be in that bad condition.

The reason he's knocking £5k off the valuation is because he doesn't want the deal to go through, he wants the backhander from the dealer who had nothing better to do that park up at the WBAC office on the off chance he'd be there at exactly the right time to cut up people driving away.

Man of Honour
Sometimes their values are way to low when I've checked. Like way less than any for sale in the country lol
As a rule of thumb the trade will want to sell cars for at least £1.5k more than what they paid for it to cover their overheads and other costs, warranty blah blah. I mean if you think about if cars were readily available for sale at the prices they are offering then they wouldn't need to run their WBAC service at all right? Just buy the cars 'off the shelf' as it were.

It's the same s trade-in valuation. If you walk into a dealer and say "I want to p/x my car, went on AT last night to see what's worth, and can see the same car on your forecourt, about £10k innit bruv" you will get laughed at because obviously the price they are selling at is a lot more than you will get for it.

Caporegime
It's possible he wanted the car for himself or he might have a trader buddy who he splits the profit with. Who knows?

Associate

The £500 less was probably fair with the rear bumper damage, curbed alloys and a few paint chips it’s would seem a decent deal. WBAC was the highest quote they had and was roughly the going price for the car.

Associate
They'll presumably be expecting to sell via finance, which at the 8.9% figures on their site, is going to load the price up to nearer £60k paid all in.

Now £47,725, another drop of £1600 in 2 weeks, in total over £1700 less than what they gave me for it in November.

Soldato
Skoda Superb offer is now at £8,500...

I know I got this for a steal from my old workplace but buying this 4 years ago for £8k and is now worth more than I paid for it and it is now at 90k miles is amazing.

Problem is I can't even sell it and potentially rent or buy a cheap runabout as I need this to tow the caravan.

Associate
Another data point here, I've got at 68 plate Seat Arona that's currently floating at around £14.5k. Before lockdown it was around £11k. Nuts

Question for anyone with WBAC experience... how much do they tend to knock off for slightly kerbed alloys? They're diamond cut if that makes a difference

Soldato
If you declare it on the form online then nothing.

The amount they knock off entirely depends on how accurate you describe it’s condition online before you turn up.

Back
Top Bottom