WD selling SMR drives as WD Reds

Soldato
OP
Honestly first line people are just the gatekeepers that try it on, they won't want to RMA your drive and are hoping you'll give up.

But sticking to your guns does usually work, and eventually you'll get somewhere if you're in the right.

Associate
Honestly first line people are just the gatekeepers that try it on, they won't want to RMA your drive and are hoping you'll give up.

But sticking to your guns does usually work, and eventually you'll get somewhere if you're in the right.

Fingers crossed.
I'm just annoyed at a company I've used for years stitching me up like this.
When i ordered that Seagate IronWolf i felt like i was cheating on my wife lol.

Associate
Update:
Had a reply from a different person this time, totally different tone to the email and hes starting RMA process.
Make sure they escalate the case and email you a pre-paid label (mine was collected by UPS and sent to Poland - I had the replacement within a week)

Associate
Update: sent my drive off last wednesday (the 15th), they received it friday but no word as to when ill be getting my replacement drive.

Associate
Update: sent my drive off last wednesday (the 15th), they received it friday but no word as to when ill be getting my replacement drive.
Log in to your RMA page on the WD website - it should provide you with status updates.

Have they given you any indication of what drive you will be getting in exchange?

Associate
Log in to your RMA page on the WD website - it should provide you with status updates.

Have they given you any indication of what drive you will be getting in exchange?

It just said "processing for ages".
I got an email from UPS sunday night saying they had a package for me, still nothing from WD, it came earlier (for some reason they shipped it from poland, at 11am last night).
WD site got updated to "Complete" sometime during the night.
They've sent me a WD60EFRX 6TB.

Associate
It just said "processing for ages".
I got an email from UPS sunday night saying they had a package for me, still nothing from WD, it came earlier (for some reason they shipped it from poland, at 11am last night).
WD site got updated to "Complete" sometime during the night.
They've sent me a WD60EFRX 6TB.
My WD60EFRX was sent to Poland and the replacement also came from Poland.
They sent me a brand new WD Red Pro WD6003FFBX (CMR-type) with a date of manufacture of 2020.

Did they send you a brand new or re-manufactured WD60EFRX ?

Back
Top Bottom