Website critique.

Caporegime
OP
Ok guys been a long time. :p

I've been experimenting with colour gradients and like the effects but on the pages where the content doesn't fill the screen the gradient effect seems to reset or something, can anyone explain why this is? Does the page body not fit the entire screen, does it just stop where the last bit of content is instead?

site

Note: gradient may only work in firefox atm. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok guys been a long time. :p

I've been experimenting with colour gradients and like the effects but on the pages where the content doesn't fill the screen the gradient effect seems to reset or something, can anyone explain why this is? Does the page body not fit the entire screen, does it just stop where the last bit of content is instead?

site

Note: gradient may only work in firefox atm. :p

Yeh, you can force the full height content by using something along the lines of:

html, body {
height: 100%;
min-height: 100%;
background: url... ;
}

Caporegime
OP
This is what my body is set to currently but it doesn't work, at least not in ff8. :(

Code:
body {

background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #111111 0%, #272727 13%, #000000 38%, #282828 58%, #505050 75%, #444444 100%);
	font-family:georgia;
	color:#f5dd9d;
	text-align:center;
	font-size:14px;
	height: 100%;
	min-height: 100%;
}

Caporegime
OP
Oh I see, thanks. When I do that though I now get the gradient repeating on the longer pages?

EDIT-Fixed that by changing the gradient so the first and last colours are the same.

I also really want to force the footer to the bottom of the page, is there any easy way to do that? I've now moved it outside of the container div and think it looks better that way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ok I've removed the background colour on the container so that it more closely matches the original colour scheme, but is not nearly as garish as the original gold on black design.

Back
Top Bottom