Weekend Football; 17-19th January - *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Jaaskalinen(sp) having the game of his life by the sounds of it. Surprising that.

He's not, he hasnt had anything to do, this is one of the worst united performances ever.
Bolton are terrible, dont get me wrong, united are woeful all over the pitch.

Caporegime
When on earth is Villa's luck going to run out?

ITs not luck, its playing good football but consistant, not chopping and changing the team every week. If they play badly one week he doesn't just chop the whole midfield and change his strikers, he relies on the fact that they'll win the next game.

Wenger, Scolari, Fergie and Benitez are far to into massive sweeping changes.

I was saying earlier in the year and I'm still saying it, I don't think its just 4th spot under pressure from Villa, I think theres every chance(without a major injury barry/young/gabby/laursen) they could finish higher than 4th too.

A handball goal, a penalty outside the area. 3 og in the last 4 league games.

Some own goals are pure luck and ridiculousness, some are forced from great play. Admittedly I can't remember all 3 but one was the cross from Young a few games ago I guess. It was an incredibly dangerous cross and a great run by Gabby, if it wasn't attempted to be cleared its almost a certain goal, theres certainly an element of luck to it, but it was forced luck and completely unsurprising, you keep running the wings and putting good crosses in, a defender or a striker will eventually knock one in. Theres pure luck and theres luck you force by consistant hard pressing and the later doesn't run out until you stop trying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom