Weights vs Cardio?

Permabanned
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Try this plan but with between 12-15 reps if you are trying to lose weight. And you should be doing very strict reps and failing between reps 12 and 15.

As for people who say training legs 3 times per week is over training I say utter boll***. Legs are designed for walking hundreds of miles per week, up and down mountains, week in week out if need be and capable of rapid recovery. Once you get up and going you'll be able to train legs that often - with cardio in between as well. Until you do you will not get them to grow. It is hard. Every wonder why a lot of guys in the gym are wearing track suit bottoms all the time and not shorts? Because leg training is hard and people would rather do something else. But get leg training and weight will drop off you.
Its really hard. One time when i was traning legs on a hot summer day. I got a feeling of vomit because of the heavy weight lifting and the hot environment.
What about taking supplements (Whey) two times per day

Associate
Legs is a killer. Four sets of squats is harder than the rest of your entire workout session put together. But that's why you will get rapid results if you keep at them.

No need for any supplements. Granted, whey can help and I have that twice per day and I mix it with porridge oats and water (no milk [sugars]). Takes some getting used to but once you have done you'll enjoy it. But the whey is not essential. I do not take anything else. My entire diet costs very little. I make up eight meals at a time in Tupperware boxes so I am not constantly cooking.

Again, I emphasise I am not an expert, I'm just giving the plan that the pro guys I met at a clean, pro bodybuilding and fitness conference gave to me (and gives to hundreds of others). And we have all got (or in my case working towards) great results.

Man of Honour
Mate, I am sharing my thoughts and opinions and what has worked for me and others with interested people on a common thread, that's why we are all on this thread right? If people disagree with me then that's their privilege.

That was a tongue in cheek comment as there is/was a member on here who did actually used to claim he lived on that sort of diet and felt great.

To be honest I'm not disagreeing that what you're saying will work it will, but just like you I'm giving another perspective on what will also work.

Soldato
Do what suits you! I don't eat breakfast at traditional times when I am on a cut as I find that eating early doesn't make me any less hungry overall so I tend to have my first meal around 11am. On the rare occasions that I do have an early early flight, coffee works well at keeping hunger at bay!

Permabanned
Legs is a killer. Four sets of squats is harder than the rest of your entire workout session put together. But that's why you will get rapid results if you keep at them.

No need for any supplements. Granted, whey can help and I have that twice per day and I mix it with porridge oats and water (no milk [sugars]). Takes some getting used to but once you have done you'll enjoy it. But the whey is not essential. I do not take anything else. My entire diet costs very little. I make up eight meals at a time in Tupperware boxes so I am not constantly cooking.

Again, I emphasise I am not an expert, I'm just giving the plan that the pro guys I met at a clean, pro bodybuilding and fitness conference gave to me (and gives to hundreds of others). And we have all got (or in my case working towards) great results.
And you are doing a great job

Man of Honour
Freefaller I noticed in a thread a few weeks back you mentioned fasting for a period of 36hrs every week I think it was? How do you fit this in as I'm wanting to try something similar.

Easy. I plan it around my work schedule and gym schedule.

I'll eat dinner. Then from that moment count 36hrs. So let's say Sunday night - have dinner. Monday morning nothing, Monday lunch, nothing, dinner on Monday, nothing. I then break the fast on Tuesday morning.

Can do it mid-week too. I generally don't over the weekend.

I've been doing it for a few months now and I feel great. Body comp is good. Had my bloods done too and everything is looking good in terms of lipid profile, IGF1 and so on.

Man of Honour
Ha! Well I don't know - but I find it easier and easier - and surprisingly I find it easier to concentrate.

I do drink coffee though, so it's not totally calorie free, but black coffee and water isn't a huge amount of calories. I need to keep on top of this middle age spread. When you're doing 12+hr days and can only train 2-3x a week, you need all the help you can get!

Back
Top Bottom