**WELCOME 8 PACK OUR NEW OC EXPERT & DON!!**

Associate
this is why i asked earlier if they were to be sold as B grade products, No reply given.

One would assume that OCUK buys and sets aside a certain ammount of stock for system building and it is these that will be speed binned and used for the higher end overclocked systems if they are good clockers and for the less extreme clocked systems and standard bundles if they are not good clockers.

I dont think 8 Pack will be opening every cpu OCUK has before they are sold on to customers.

Welcome 8 Pack and beware this is a fickle crowd at OCUK ;)

/Salsa

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Same deal as normal.
We sell thousands of cpus.
If you wanted a normal cpu off the shelf, no premium.

8pack is one guy and will only be able to speed bin a very very small percentage of the stock we hold.

This means that buying a standard retail cpu will net you exactly that.

Soldato
^As above, likely to be bulk purchase 'brown box' OEM parts. Any that don't hit the standard required I would think will be put into other lesser spec (on the OC side) systems.

Really looking forward to seeing these 8 Pack assisted builds :D

Edit: Damnit rjk :D

Soldato
Well done 8-Pack.
I think you've already helped me a few times both here and on the ROG forums.

So when not speed binning every CPU that enters the OcUK warehouse to make sure customers can't get lucky and buy a good clocker for the regular price (I'm joking, I'm joking!), what will he be doing at OcUK? Putting together OC Bundles? Pre-LN2 cooled systems?

EDIT: Re-read Gibbo's OP and answered my own question (sure I read that post earlier, but must've missed the bit at the end after reading all 8-Pack's achievements).

Last edited:
Soldato
But that surely means testing and use of products that then get put up for normal sale.

Just buy a retail cpu ;) If the seal is broken which it won't be - send it back!

I've not purchased OEM for years due to one a few years ago turning up with blatant usage marks on it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It is simple, speed binned cpu's is system stock. The retail stock customer buy is on the shelf untouched in a sealed retail box on CPUs. :)

Speed binned CPUs for systems will be simple chips which do guaranteed 5GHz+ will either be sold with a large premium or used in limited edition systems/bundles. The CPUs that don't do the speed shall be used in less overclocked systems and bundles which cost less.

Associate
ocuk will not be ripping open sealed boxes and testing them and then selling them as new lol.

Seriously, if 8pack ripped open a box, we'd only be able to sell it as dust. This guy has incredible knowledge of getting huge performance from hardware. But if he were to actually rip open any item, it would just be left as silicon dust.

Soldato
Hi there

It is simple, speed binned cpu's is system stock. The retail stock customer buy is on the shelf untouched in a sealed retail box on CPUs. :)

Speed binned CPUs for systems will be simple chips which do guaranteed 5GHz+ will either be sold with a large premium or used in limited edition systems/bundles. The CPUs that don't do the speed shall be used in less overclocked systems and bundles which cost less.

Thanks for clearing that up, i'd buy one, take it you cant do it with gpu's?

Soldato
Congrats 8 pack, when are you gonna start your "6GHz club" thread? :p Great to see someone with such expertise as a Don in the OC subforum :)

Back
Top Bottom