**WELCOME 8 PACK OUR NEW OC EXPERT & DON!!**

OcUK Staff
Will standalone chips come available, looking at a binned 3930k
And whats an average 3930 capable of?

I doubt that to be honest as you can only say it will do X frequency with certain other supporting components being part of the binning process.

You cant say average as it depends who is binning them. My average would be higher than the average user.

Associate
I was looking at the hwbot user profile for 8Pack. 6th in the world and the only Brit in the top 20. Great stuff. Will be a major asset to OcUK and I suspect it will see 8Pack climbing higher in the overclocking world rankings. Best of luck 8Pack, I wouldn't be surprised to see you in the top 3 within 6 months if OCUK are kind to you!

There are three leagues:
Pro OC: Users with HW connections to vendors or shops, only Global + WR points count
OC: Users who buy all their own kit and go sub-zero
Enthusiast: Users on air/water only, never go sub-zero

I'm in the Enthusiast, currently #4 in the world, and I've been top 5 for over a year. #1 UK since the league began.

Then there's K404 in the OC league (currently same as 8-pack) who has held the top #1 spot in the UK for over a year until recently. K404 is constantly top 5/top 10 in the world and regularly posts sprees to push him into the top 3. Such as http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25136

HiVizMan is our current UK #1 in the ProOC, though if 8-pack now has this job and can use hardware from it for scores (as he has access to speed binning a fair few CPUs), then it'll probably push him into the #1 UK spot in the Pro-OC quite easily. In this league only Global + WR points count, rather than hardware points for the popular categories (mid range GPUs, etc)

We all hold various UK records, and from time to time it's great to see a UK person hold a global WR :)

Last edited:
Associate
Big thanks to 8Pack and the team for an amazing job.

My latest Supernova has arrived and now been installed.
Fast much!!

DSCF3735.JPG

** Please use spoiler tags for huge images - EVH **

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom