1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westworld

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by the shadow, Aug 10, 2015.

1. awaybreaktoday

Mobster

Awesome, love the direction they are taking it.....

2. PlacidCasual

Soldato

Did they change the ending of season 2 in the opening credits recap? I remembered things differently.

As to the episode it was good but I don’t know how I felt about it. I don’t really like the characters of the 2 female leads, whilst recognising they are being well acted.

Not sure how I feel about the direction insofar as we can guess it at this moment.

It’s high quality well acted stuff, I’m a bit concerned this will be a difficult season to carry through it feels like the last season narrowed the direction available going forward a long way from the original premise.

Great first episode though.

3. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Its not really westworld anymore if there not actually in it. Just having a few rogue ai bots about isnt a westworld show. I mean as placid said above it was well acted and looked good etc i just dont think its really westworld anymore.

4. Allnamestaken

Mobster

Absolutely amazing season start, i don't think its any less WW. At the end of the day things will come back to the park at some point.

5. doodah

Capodecina

Positive reading, is it 755% less confusing (timelines)?

6. Dougsnake

Mobster

Well one of the characters seems to be going that way again ;)

7. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Is it just me or is the music drowning out the dialogue for anyone else?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  8. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Really enjoyed it, really liking this new angle.

9. Minusorange

Soldato

Great opener to the season

10. CliffyG

Capodecina

Thought it was decent but quite divorced from the original 2 seasons at the moment, hoping it doesn't stay like that. Really small amount of posts on this considering how popular it was.

I found dialogue really quiet compared to other sounds. Quite irritating when I'm trying to watch it in bed with people asleep.

11. smokedog

Mobster

I didn't mind it but I do echo your comments. Felt more like Terminator meets the body snatchers, just a total different pacing and feel.

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Terminator/Matrix is what it felt like to me.

I missed that it was even on given everything else going on right now.

13. Minusorange

Soldato

The book/film is robots malfunctioning, the series is robots gaining sentience... it wouldn't really be very good story telling if they gained sentience and just decided to stay in WW as slaves to the inferior humans forever now would it ?

14. Glanza

Capodecina

15. Richdog

Capodecina

Watched Ep1 the other day and did enjoy as it feels suitably and coldly dystopian and futuristic. The acting is also great and the production values very high. I love the fact they cast Aaron Paul. However, lets face it, it is now nowhere near as unique or original as it was in the first two seasons and is now becoming standard Sci-Fi trope. In fact, if I had never seen the first two seasons and you told me that Season 3 was called 'Battlestar Galactica: The Prequel' then I would believe it without hesitation because it is basically a huge rip-off of that down to the blond super sexy robot female lead we know and love as Deloris. It also mixes in elements of the excellent movie Upgrade with what is going on with Bernard.

It's still good and very watchable, but yeah... to me it's now looking like a BSG clone.

16. FTM

Soldato

are we 100% categorically sure they are actually in the real world? they have pulled the rug out from below us before!

17. Rickyw88

Associate

Episode 1 was confusing as ever tbh. Gonna try episode 2 before really making my mind up

18. Malevolence

Capodecina

Confusing? How the hell was it confusing?

19. Gman

Mobster

keep an eye on the aspect ratio ;)

20. Dougsnake

Mobster

Hold that thought for ep 2 ;)