What 4K, 120hz+, 30”+ options are coming?

Associate
I’ve had a G9 for a month or so and use it alongside a 34” above it but it’s such a faff of a setup to use with my MacBook and PC. Mainly due to the G9 being a PITA!

so I’ve been thinking of switching them both out for a single 4K panel, but would still like to game on it and would need at least need 120hz.

Seems we have a few 40+ screens appearing and the OLED TVs but from what I’ve seen they’re not great for office activities.

Do we have anything upcoming?

Associate
OP
55” will be way to big, my desk is only 170x70 so I’ll be far to close to use it.

I also think hdmi 2.1 will be a must as most of these only seem to come with a single DP input.

I wanted to jump on the LG OLEDs but think even the 48 would be too much for doing my dev work on.

Ive actually been toying with getting 3x27 and using them in portrait mode while working then pulling middle one out for gaming.

But I know that’ll be a faff to share between my MacBook and PC

Associate
OP
Why? I don’t use HDR at all so not fussed about that rating.

it has USB-C with power of 60w and DP-Alt mode so my MacBook will be happy and HDMI 2.1 for the Xbox.

I would prefer a VA panel as I’ve always liked them over IPS for gaming but if the quality is decent and not too much IPS glow I can’t see it being that bad.

Associate
OP
They don't have a great track record for some of their past products, so if purchased it would be worth doing so on a credit card for extra cover.

The specs and reviews for the unit do seem to suggest that it's a good monitor with a lot of input options.

Associate
OP
Switching between my PC and MacBook is a PITA as it doesn’t always wake up from sleep. It happens with either monitor and maybe related to DP but it just annoys the hell outta me every morning as I go through ritual of turning each on and off and rebooting MacBook in hope that they’ll both be detected.

The G9 is great but so buggy when used in 240hz and as I mainly game at 16:9 I feel life would be easier with a single 4K monitor instead of my G9 and 34 ultra wide stacked above it.

I do worry about swapping as even with all its faults the panel is great and it’s one of the best monitors I’ve had in a long time and will likely miss the wider res for work but having extra height will likely make up for it.

I’m anticipating that if I do switch I’ll end up with dual monitors. I’ve actually recently been thinking of getting 3x1440p monitors and using them vertically for work (4320x2560 total space) and switching one horizontal when gaming .

Associate
OP
Yeah, I've been toying with it for a while as it feels like I'll be able to get a decent centre monitor for gaming and the two side monitors can just be for extended desktop for work. But it does feel kinda backwards to go from a super ultra wide to 3x1440p's

Back
Top Bottom