What 5 bits of software can't you live without...?

GM2

GM2

Associate
OK, so you've just finished building your shinny new machine complete with the latest Exxxx / Qxxxx / i7 (take your pick), loads of memory, a great graphics set up etc etc....

Drivers are all up to date.
Windows (not Linux / Mac etc - sorry) is on.
Office is on.
Photoshop CS4 is on.
Firefox / Google Chrome is on.
AV and Adware progs are on.

What would be the next 5 (or so) applications that would be top on your list to load?

Can be full applications or tiny utilities or even can't live without extensions.

Can be free or paid for. Your choice what you include, but I'm really thinking about long term choices, not bits of software you install just to use as part of the set-up process (eg Partition Manager), but include things like that if you want or if you use them long term.

If 5 is really too short, add a few more, but try to keep say, 10 as an absolute max ;)

EDIT> Oh - and I was excluding games too really - but you can have 1 if you really must ;)

Last edited:

GM2

GM2

Associate
OP
My current choices are probably, in no particular order:

Pixort – photo culling tool
Thunderbird
iTunes
Nero 9
Picasa 3

But this may change!

If enough people answer and there is any interest, I might try to change this post into a list of everyone’s favourites. We’ll see!

Soldato
ActiveSync
WLM
mIRC
hkSFV
Tag&Rename
Winrar
Winamp (i guess, even though it's getting more and more bloated)
Hamachi
RealVNC
Mediaplayer classic

That's all that springs to mind atm :p

Man of Honour
7-zip
mIRC
FlashFXP
Winamp
BBC iPlayer

I'm nowhere near as reliant on those as a used to be however; I could probably get away with using WMP for music, Filezilla for FTP, some sort of freeware burning tool etc.

Edit: Changed my mind actually, and swapped BBC iplayer for Nero

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom