What additive is everyone using in their W/C rigs?

Soldato
I'm using a 10% mix of distilled water and Zerex Racing.

I also have the biggest aluminium radiator this side of, erm, somewhere with lots of big radiators... (and lots of copper waterblock goodness).

Associate
Water wetter stinks (literally) and many people don't seem convinced by it, i've used it before on it seemed to do the job but i'd heard good things about the Zerex stuff so as it was the same price i gave it a go :)

Associate
I got the Swiftech HydrX stuff.

Mixed metals, 12months running, pipes still totally clear and no corrosion.

Great stuff and UV fluor green/bluish too :)

/must change water soon - not supposed to run this long allegedly, but it is going soooo well ... :)

Associate
Well the Zerex doesnt seem to change the colour of the water but i think it might be starting to turn my tubing cloudy, depends which tubing you have i expect...

Soldato
Just FYI, antifreeze is bad, unless it's inhibited.

It will often leave white precipitate because it's designed for use in high temperature WC, rather than the low temp we use.

I've used antifreeze, Waterwetter and Zerex, the latter being my choice. Performance is going to be negligible between the lot of them.

Man of Honour
I can't see through my water, whereas I could initially (Even after aadding this Corsair/Swiftech stuff). This is BAD right? I'm guessing it's growth as the temps have started increasing. What can I do to stop this (The Corsair/Swiftech stuff said it'd do the job)?

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the info so far guys.

Is'nt zerex supposed to be pink?

Antifreeze is a big no no for me. I am a mechanical engineer by trade so i know all about that stuff. As already mentioned it's designed for high temp/ high pressure automotive cooling systems.

If you have Zerex which i presume is pink and add a blue uv reactive dye what colour would you get? Some shade of purple?

Back
Top Bottom