What are my options with new monitor I bought?

Associate
So I bought the Samsung space monitor SR75 WQHD - from a website for a decent sale price . I love the idea of this monitor - it's not a pure gaming monitor, but it's ticks all the options for me.
On arrival I noticed at least 1 fairly noticeable dead pixel - on further testing i noticed at least a couple more.
I contacted the retailer who said it's not a large enough number for them to accept RMA - and would only accept if i return it.
However I actually do really like this monitor and wanted to get a replacement.
Unfortunatley since then all retailers have marked up the price for it by at least £75.
I contacted Samsung who are equally not helpful, and said they would try to repair it under warranty if wanted - but wouldn't send me a repair.
The technical geezer thought that the retailer aren't right not to send me replacement if I wanted to, but he sounded new on the job so i'm not really taking much stock there..
What would you suggest ? is it possible for dead pixel to be repaired under warranty usually ? or should I just return for refund and wait for another sale in future (not that desperate to use new monitor now)
Thanks!

Associate
If the etailer you bought it from has stock they should just replace this as a DOA (Dead on arrival) item.
Failing that what’s stopping you buying another from them at the inflated price and sending your faulty unit back for a full refund at the higher price.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your response. They don't consider it faulty, as they have a dead pixel policy that it doesn't meet..and they don't want to send replacement, obviously the price is marked up now and they prefer not to send me something that they're potentially losing money on.

Associate
Most companies will have dead pixel warranty restrictions, some more strict than others. Even Dell who tend to have the best one going, hence the price premium, have differing policies depending on the particular monitor.

If it gets RMAd they aren't going to be able to fix that, they would simply have to decide to either refund you or provide a replacement depending on their policy. Seems in this case its < amount of dead pixels so no RMA therefore only option is refund. It's a pain the backside if you got it at a good price but there isn't a great deal you can do unless the retailer is actually helpful, and we all know that is a rarity.

Associate
You've got 14 days under the dsr to return it. The company may be agreeable to arranging a courier if you cover the cost. It will need to be insured though, and a lot of couriers exclude monitors under their cover.

Associate
You've got 14 days under the dsr to return it. The company may be agreeable to arranging a courier if you cover the cost. It will need to be insured though, and a lot of couriers exclude monitors under their cover.

You have 14 days under the CCR (replacement to DSR) to tell them you are going to return it, followed by a further 14 days in which to return it. So up to 28 days, so long as you have told them of your intent in the first 14.

Back
Top Bottom