What are you buying the other half for Christmas?

Associate
We've set a max of around £30 for each other. So far I have a big fleece hallmark christmas movie blanket, riesen chocolates, novelty socks, a tea towel of a woman wrestling an alligator on it (as my favourite memory is her "wrestling" an alligator when we went on holiday). Doesn't sound like much but after the amount of time we've been together, I know this is exactly what she'll love.

With our first baby on the way we really don't need to fill the house with clutter or pointlessly expensive gifts.

Soldato
So far a 50p coin from the Mint for her collection (Paddington bear one) and some Bee earings. I was looking at taking here for a chocolate making session but I can't seem to find one that looks good VFM around London

- GP

Associate
The chocolate chew things? Usually found for a quid in B&M and the like, they're nice, not sure worthy of wrapping up tho :p

They're the ones. I don't choose what she likes. I could wrap up a box of chocolates that cost a small fortune but she'd much rather just have the riesens.

We made the mistake of thinking the more you spent, the better a present, but we quickly learnt that was certainly not the case for us. I once bought her a tupperware box for cereal and she was over the moon.

Soldato
We made the mistake of thinking the more you spent, the better a present, but we quickly learnt that was certainly not the case for us. I once bought her a tupperware box for cereal and she was over the moon.

Yeah it's easy to fall into that trap. I just bought the wife some mittens which have built in heaters to charge by USB as she gets some tendon pain in her hands when working. They cost about £6 and she loves them!

Back
Top Bottom