What are you watching on Netflix ?

Associate
Just finished Flint Town a docu about the city in Michigan that had there water supply contaminated. Added to this they only have 100 (down from 300) policeman to cover 100,000 citizens. Reminds me of the TV series Southland.
Whats everyone else watching ?

Soldato
I enjoyed Unabomber a lot. It's a bit cardboard at times but the story is fascinating and the guy playing the Unabomber gives an almost Oscar winning performance.

Wife and I are watching Friends, we are nearing the year 2000 season now and every time I see the twin towers between scenes I feel a horrible looming feeling. Watching that show is like being transported back to a bubble of innocence in the Clinton years.

Soldato
Just when you though it was safe to go in the (fresh) water! :p

I suppose it appeals to non-fisherpersons as well as I think we all have a deep-rooted fear of what might be lurking in the dark depths.

One of the interesting things Jeremy shows you in one of the programmes is that to pull you under the surface doesn't actually require as much weight/strength as you might think.

So basically, even if it's just a big Catfish, if he takes a fancy to your toes while you're taking a dip, he easily has the strength to pull you under and keep you there.

Yes, I am well and truly part of the 'Jaws Generation' :D

Soldato
Dark here, on episode 7.

Superficially similar to Stranger Things (small town, kids go missing in the forest, scifi theme)....but much more grown up, not a comedy or retro gimmick, straight up dark, serious Twin Peaks style mystery.

Awesome soundtrack too.

Associate
Godless - loved it

River Monsters - Freshwater Sharks - Bull sharks in rivers! :eek:

Last year they rented a small boat off my father to do some shoots in, unbelievable amount of film crew for such a small ish program.

And i thought it was supposed to be a fairly real shot program (apart from the stories) but its all just made up tv nonsence.

Back
Top Bottom