What car do you drive and why?

Associate
Current car - Citroen C2 vts (loeb)

Why - It was on special offer, cheap insurance for a 'warm' hatch' :p quick enough around town.

It's a bit on the crap side when it comes to motorway driving though, it sits fairly high on the rev's when cruising at 70.

Next car - S2000

Why - Looks fantastic, always wanted one, would provide a bit more fun than the citroen. The C2 goes at the end of August, so depending on the finances, the S2000 could hopefully be sooner than later.

Soldato
Now:
MR2 Roadster (mk3) and a MR2 mk2. I must say since I got the Roadster, I've fallen in love with RWD cars - I find them far more involving and fun to drive! Practicallity isn't important to me at the moment, so I thought I'd make the most of it and enjoy the 2 seaters.

Next:
Well, the Roadster has sentimental values to me (me Dad was a petrol head, so when he popped his clogs I thought it'd be a fitting tribute to buy it from the money I inherited) so I can't see me getting rid of it unless it gets written off. I can only see it ended up being further modified. As for the mk2, that was purchased as a track car, so that's just for fun. If I reach the point where I need a practical car, then the mk2 could be sold, but if it spends its life solely on the track, I may be able to get away with keeping it. I can't see myself in a hatch any time soon!

Next: Who knows, supercharged V6 conversion for the MR2? Or maybe an Audi TT-S. It'll go one of two ways - cheaper car with lots of power or more expensive car with less power...

I'm currently looking at the 3.0l V6 conversion for my 2.0l N/A rev 2! Not looking at supercharging or turbo'ing as that will be mega money, and as far as I know will also involve having to cut the boot out to fit it all in!

Soldato
Toyota Avensis 2 litre D4D.

I bought it as I had picked up 10 points and wanted something so dull that I wouldn't be inclined to speed again.

It has worked. But life is crap.

Associate
Current: Ford Puma 1.7 '99

Reasons: I had a 106 before it and was after something a little bigger, bit more space, bit more pace. Liked the look of it so bought one.

Going in 3 months for a Scirocco for similar reasons!

Soldato
rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE
i have it because i like them, there a very underrated car
194347cc35067f483.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Drive an S2000, because ive recently started to get grey hairs (found over 4 now!) so i think its an early mid life crisis on my behalf.

Also because you only live once and i wanted something unpracticle and fun!

Soldato
Current Car: MG-TF

Why: No roof, fun to drive, cheap to insure, can't get on with the MX-5's looks (sorry guys).

Next Car: No matter what I'm not changing car until I can afford a 911. Whether it's a 996 C4S, 996 TT or 997 has yet to be decided but it'll certainly have no roof.

Associate
Current car: 1975 Opel Manta A series uprated 16v redtop lump, 5 speed box, adjustable suspension all round.
manta2.jpg

Why: Under 200 quid a year to insure, circa 190bhp at the mo, looks and sound ******* fantastic.

Next Car: The manta will be getting a new engine at some point, either a chevy ls lump. Or a supercharger :D
The Indy will be finished this year too. 60 in under 4 secs should be well within its grasp :)

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Current Car: 1991 Volvo 940 GL, because it was dirt cheap (£275) and I just needed transport after my last car got written off and the insurance were dragging their heels in paying out. It worked ok and had 6 months tax and MOT on it which meant I could spend the payout on a fresh import from Japan, just have to put up with driving the Volvo for another month

Next car: 1993 Nissan Cefiro SE-4, because it has the same engine and drivetrain as an R32 Skyline GTS-4 (RB20DET, ATESSA-ETS AWD) but without the looks or the chav image, hopefully it's less likely to get nicked too. Has all the upgrade potential of any other Nissan of that era since the parts are interchangeable, so once my insurance history is looking a bit nicer and I have more than 2 years no-claims available I can start looking into an RB25 or RB26 swap. Also insurance is dirt cheap on the Cefiro vs the equivalent Skyline (£520 vs ~£2000)

Associate
Current Car: W reg (2000) Ford Focus 1.8l zetec, was bought in 2005 as first car for commuting to work, relatively cheap, economical and reliable.

Next Car: Either Mondeo ST220, Audi A4 or Audi A6. Because i want a larger car for a mixture of more power, more comfort and more buttons/toys to play with :)

Soldato
Current car, Astra 1.9 cdti, brought as a trade down from a RX-8 that I could no longer afford to fuel.. the astra is a decent looking car imho, drives really nicely and is damn fun since i've installed a little "green" box :)

Soldato
EP3 Civic Type-R.

Reason? I like the way it looks, the way it handles and especially the noise it makes. :cool:

Oh, and it's quite quick too.

It's quite cheap to run aswell, insurance has gone down to £425 FC including protected no claims this year, or £375 without. Fuel is not bad now it's cheaper, but it is a thirsty beast. Servicing is cheap too - I either do it myself or get my usual mechanic to sort it out.

The more i drive it, the more I enjoy owning it.

Back
Top Bottom