What car do you drive and why?

Associate
Current Car: Triumph Spitfire 1500

Why: Because it seemed like a fun and affordable(ish insurance wise) first car that was different and only had 2 seats which meant i could avoid giving people lifts!

Next: Something that doesn't leak and is a bit faster! (not sure yet)

Soldato
Current Car: 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE

Why: Looks gorgeous, well specced and drives well... and at £35 I really couldn't turn it down.

Next: Something with a bigger engine, and pre Y reg!

Soldato
some seriously big jumps from some people's current cars to 'next cars', hopeful bunch!

Current Car: Le Xsara HDI SX :D

Why: commute is quite a distance so needed a derv. was the best derv at the time for my money so was a no-brainer. remapped now and hits 60 in under 8 seconds :) will do for the commute! SX is well equipped too, very comfy i find.

Next Car: Xsara is too damn reliable and economical to flog, so will keep and will grab a ITR as a second car. Has to be done, i feel no need to explain the need for an ITR ;)

and at £35 I really couldn't turn it down.

you git :eek:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Current car: Mercedes Benz S430

Why: I drive a hell of a lot and the Mercedes S-class is the best car available bar a rolls royce/bentley

Next: 911/M3/330ci Sport Cabriolet, i would like something a bit sportier and some roof down action

Associate
Current car: Golf GTI Edition 30
Why: Picked it from the works vehicle loan list back in January and got delivered in June, and I quite like it.

Next car: Golf GTI Pirelli
Why: Edition 30 is dirty ;)

Seriously though I have to order a new car every 6 months.

Caporegime
Current Car: VW Passat 1.8t Sport Estate

Why: I wanted a bigger car after the MX5, really wanted the 1.8T engine so i could continue messing around with things, was looking around what cars it got fitted too, decided the golf was too expensive so narrowed it down to the Passat or VRS, ended up with the passat since i got a lot more for my money, besides having a few problems i've been happy with it, for a big car apart from the total lack of steering feel it now goes / stops and grips the road reasonably well.

Next: something along the same lines but with a bigger engine, older shaped RS4 or newer shaped A4 with a big engine.

Soldato
Current car: BMW 530i Sport

Why: Because Fox brainwashed me by taking me out in his car and crashing it. From that moment on, I just had to own one.

Seriously though... because it drives amazingly well and has soaked up nearly 60,000 miles in a year and a half perfectly.

Next car: BMW M5 (E60) in about a year and a half :)

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Current car: VW Polo 1.0i

Why: Dad gave it to me so that I would go up and see him more often. I live in the town center across the road from the train and bus stations, and can easily get a lift to work, so a car really isn't necessary in my daily life.

Next car: God knows. I've done about 10k in 3.5 years, theres only 67k on the clock, so my Polo will do me for a good while yet.

Soldato
Current car: 57 plate Skoda Octavia 2.0T vRS
Why: I wanted a car with a VAG 2.0T engine, space for 4 adults and a big boot and I was offered an excellent deal on a brand new one.

Next car: Undecided, but looking at Golf GTI Edition 30, Mazda 6 MPS, Focus ST, Mk4 Mondeo 2.5T, Audi A6 3.0 TDI or an E60 530i Sport. I want something more comfortable and refined than the vRS.

Permabanned
Current Car: 52 Plate 1.8T Golf GTI.

Why: I just like the look of the Mk4 Golfs (not the chav'd up ones :p) and fancied one. It's been a pretty good car (only my 2nd) to be honest and I can't say I really regret getting it, even if it's cost me a bit more than I anticipated to keep on the road. :D I'm a bit bored with it, but I'll put up with it for now.

Next Car: Boxster S, Elise S2 or Z4. Undecided, really - wait until April-ish ;)

Why: I want something stupidly impractical while I have the spare cash and lack of commitments :)

Last edited:
Don
Currents car(s)

Porsche Cayman S

Why ? great fun, always wanted a Porsche, love the styling ( many don't ) , top build quality and ( relatively ) low running costs

E46 M3

Why ? combination of fun and practicality , comfortable cruiser when you want it to and great back road nutter mobile when required

Next car ?

No idea

Associate
Current car: Alpina B3S Cabrio

Why: Looks, performance, spec and practicality - I wanted a fast genuine 4 seater open top - not too many choices. Also, a much smoother drive than the M3 and IMHO a little classier. I do sod all mileage a year, so economy is not a factor.

Next car: no idea - really like current one a lot. May wait for a few years until the new Alpina B3 Bi-turbo comes down to the £25 - 30k mark

Associate
Current car: Revision 3 MR2 Turbo. Decided to buy one as the insurance was still too high on a Subaru STi or EVO III (even being 27 with 6yrs NCB), love the looks, the seating position and the handling of the MR2.

Next car: Not sure, drove a friends WRX STi Type R last month and was impressed with the speed and surefootedness of it, but it felt like you were sat on it rather than in it and I dunno, it just felt sort of sterile. Maybe if I can afford it an S15 Silvia Spec-R.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Current car: Lovely '98 VW Polo 1.4CL

Why: cheap car cause i bought a house :) came up in decent knick with low milage and price tag, should be able to get the same as i paid for it 12months and 20k miles on :D

Next: not decided yet... a couple of things to test including s2000, mx5s (again), s3 (probably not) LCR & CTRs, but we'll see where things are by November...

Back
Top Bottom