What case are you using for 40XX series GPU's?

Hmmm.... the H500m is still relatively big, not sure how that call that a mid tower case (in my view any case that's higher and deeper than 50cm is a full tower).
It is on the large side I agree. The way GPU’s are going i wouldn’t want to go much smaller to be honest. The Phanteks P600 is a great case also.

I forgot I started this thread..

In the end I went for a O11D Evo, and there's plenty of room in there for my 4090 (excuse the rather bodged strimer cable over the power cables, I'm waiting for my cablemods to arrive)

HqomXTt.jpg

Sadly I had to RMA the card due to a noisy fan, so am slumming it at the mo with my old 3080.

I forgot I started this thread..

In the end I went for a O11D Evo, and there's plenty of room in there for my 4090 (excuse the rather bodged strimer cable over the power cables, I'm waiting for my cablemods to arrive)

HqomXTt.jpg

Sadly I had to RMA the card due to a noisy fan, so am slumming it at the mo with my old 3080.
That does look good, and the case gets good reviews overall. I just don’t use RGB and this case is basically a showcase for it. I wonder if anyone has done an all blacked out build using Noctua fans or similar. It might look ok I suppose.

No I’m using a Noctua NH-D15, if using an AIO there are better cases. Torrent is really at its best for air cooled systems.

How are temps and noise with the Torrent?

I'm contemplating a NH-D15 too with a 13900k + a 3090 TUF. Wondering how you're getting on with the case?

How are temps and noise with the Torrent?

I'm contemplating a NH-D15 too with a 13900k + a 3090 TUF. Wondering how you're getting on with the case?

The 140mm fans on my Torrent make an annoying ticking if you run them at less than 45%, it's pretty quiet at 45% though. The 180mm fans are both fine no ticking from them.

I've currently got a 13600K and 3080 fitted, will buy a 4080/4090 later. I restrict the fans to run at 60% max and everything runs cool.

The 140mm fans on my Torrent make an annoying ticking if you run them at less than 45%, it's pretty quiet at 45% though. The 180mm fans are both fine no ticking from them.

I've currently got a 13600K and 3080 fitted, will buy a 4080/4090 later. I restrict the fans to run at 60% max and everything runs cool.

Thanks. I've heard of this with the 140mm fans. Maybe I should swpa them over to the Noctuas if I have OCD?

That does look good, and the case gets good reviews overall. I just don’t use RGB and this case is basically a showcase for it. I wonder if anyone has done an all blacked out build using Noctua fans or similar. It might look ok I suppose.
Using one with the Suprim X 3080 which is as big as most 4090s. Using the Phanteks T30, and despite the EK Elite AIO, RAM, GPU and Motherboard having RGB, mine is all off. Also using the front mesh. Running all T30s at 45% of 2000rpm and can’t hear the fans. GPU max out at high 60s, PCH at low 50s and NVME never more than mid 40s. Because the airflow is so good, the GPU fans are quite lazy and stay under 50% under load. I’m using the vertical mount for the GPU which is a must for aircooled GPUs, as hot air from the GPU won’t be blown straight to the NVME and chipset.
Also front mesh is not really needed. It will allow even lower fan rpm and help direct air between the back of the GPU and the motherboard, but gains are minimum, at best.

Using one with the Suprim X 3080 which is as big as most 4090s. Using the Phanteks T30, and despite the EK Elite AIO, RAM, GPU and Motherboard having RGB, mine is all off. Also using the front mesh. Running all T30s at 45% of 2000rpm and can’t hear the fans. GPU max out at high 60s, PCH at low 50s and NVME never more than mid 40s. Because the airflow is so good, the GPU fans are quite lazy and stay under 50% under load. I’m using the vertical mount for the GPU which is a must for aircooled GPUs, as hot air from the GPU won’t be blown straight to the NVME and chipset.
Also front mesh is not really needed. It will allow even lower fan rpm and help direct air between the back of the GPU and the motherboard, but gains are minimum, at best.
Don’t suppose you could upload a pic of it please?

Had the same issue when I used the Torrent. Contacted Fractal and received replacements, which were fine. One thing that I noticed was the noise from the bottom fans because they're too close to the case. Some fans are fine, some require some clearance. Solved that ordering some 5mm spacers for the fans. Front fans are fine.

I wonder if anyone has done an all blacked out build using Noctua fans or similar. It might look ok I suppose.
Me, although my motherboard has some silver on it where the heatsinks are and I'm still running a 1060 6gb :) All the cables are black, braided in the case of the power etc and personally I think it looks nice, if I was to really go all in I'd probably look at going fully water cooled with black tubing.

I'd have preferred a non 'glass' case with the same layout but sadly I couldn't find one. I did originally go for rgb fans but they were faulty (not to mention noisy) and I just went with noctua chromax as their replacement.

My current case is a Corsair 680X which can accomodate up to 330mm GPU, and thats with removing the front case fans!
So, whatever I do, I'm going to need a new case.

I have a Fractal Torrent - no problems with space. But my 3090 FE fit just fine into my Kolink Citadel Mesh mATX case once I moved the fans to behind the mesh.

Had the same issue when I used the Torrent. Contacted Fractal and received replacements, which were fine. One thing that I noticed was the noise from the bottom fans because they're too close to the case. Some fans are fine, some require some clearance. Solved that ordering some 5mm spacers for the fans. Front fans are fine.
I‘ll get some 5mm spacers and give it a try thanks!

I am currently using a Lian Li 011 mini. It is perfectly fine but ruled out the fractal design torrent as I love my nano. Currently looking at lian li 011 evo even though I am bored of lian li cases now. Might go back to Corsair either the 7000d or 5000t, still deciding.

Me, although my motherboard has some silver on it where the heatsinks are and I'm still running a 1060 6gb :) All the cables are black, braided in the case of the power etc and personally I think it looks nice, if I was to really go all in I'd probably look at going fully water cooled with black tubing.

I'd have preferred a non 'glass' case with the same layout but sadly I couldn't find one. I did originally go for rgb fans but they were faulty (not to mention noisy) and I just went with noctua chromax as their replacement.
This was what I was thinking of doing, using the Noctua Chromax. Could you upload a pic of your build?

image8.jpg

I could’ve gone with only 3 T30 for the AIO as push and no front intake for very similar performance. Measured yesterday with my phone, not precise, I know, but 30cm from the case, 28db.
As the Suprim has a solid back, vertical mount makes even more sense. Hot air doesn’t go anywhere near the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom