What case are you using for 40XX series GPU's?

The 140mm fans on my Torrent make an annoying ticking if you run them at less than 45%, it's pretty quiet at 45% though. The 180mm fans are both fine no ticking from them.

I've currently got a 13600K and 3080 fitted, will buy a 4080/4090 later. I restrict the fans to run at 60% max and everything runs cool.
I have the Torrent Compact and its the front 180mm fans which make an annoying ticking noise. Not isolated which fan it is (may be both). It does go away when the fans are ramped up but I typically run them at 20-30%.

I have the Torrent Compact and its the front 180mm fans which make an annoying ticking noise. Not isolated which fan it is (may be both). It does go away when the fans are ramped up but I typically run them at 20-30%.

The 180mm fans are pretty silent in my Torrent, they were also silent in my Torrent compact too.

I'm just in the process of replacing the 140mm fans in my Torrent with Noctua NF-A14. The ticking at slow speeds with the Fractal 140mm was just too annoying.

Got the 7000D at the weekend.
Massive (and stupidly heavy) case.

It makes the 4090 look normal sized. :D
The 7000D is a beast. The solid side panel alone weights more than most mid size cases :D
Is a much better case than the 5000D, which could be as good if top radiator clearance was a bit better and the addition of optional vertical GPU mounting points like the 7000D, which makes the 7000D a much easier case to work with.
Done aircooled (NH-D15) which was a waste, as the 5000D could do no problems, AIO (420mm Arctic) and CPU temperature was better than custom loop, and custom loop (dual 420/45mm radiators).
Mine 3080 Suprim is a very long card and looked ok in it. But now inside the O11 EVO looks like a bigger GPU :D.
Quick question, how are you finding the temperatures?
One thing that pushed me back to the O11 Evo was the bottom intake fans. Even with fully populated fans spots, I never managed massive airflow with the 5000D or the 7000D without getting loud. Not that airflow has to be insane, but the Torrent, for example, one can adjust its fans to be quiet and feel the air at the back of the case, even without adding an exhaust fan.

The 180mm fans are pretty silent in my Torrent, they were also silent in my Torrent compact too.

I'm just in the process of replacing the 140mm fans in my Torrent with Noctua NF-A14. The ticking at slow speeds with the Fractal 140mm was just too annoying.
Im hoping it eases or goes away over time. It’s not there all the time at the moment.

Im hoping it eases or goes away over time. It’s not there all the time at the moment.

My Torrent is really quiet now after replacing the bottom 3 x 140mm Fractal fans with Noctua NF-A14 today. I'd contact Fractal and get the 180mm fans replaced as they shouldn't have any ticking.

Currently using an SSUPD Meshalicious with the 4090 shoe horned in.

I’ve been having issues with my itx board though so I’ve RMA’d it and I’m going back to ATX but in a Meshroom S. it’s going to be very tight but will be sub 15L.

2 of the 3 Fractal 140mm ticked in my Torrent when running at less than 45% ish. I have an older Fractal case with the same 140mm and they are silent guess I just got unlucky with the torrent.
Same here. They sent replacement fans which were better. Slightly humming because they are too close to some metal bits from the bottom fan bracket. Made the Torrent much quieter using some 5mm spacer for the bottom fans. But more to do with me being really pick than actually an issue.

Same here. They sent replacement fans which were better. Slightly humming because they are too close to some metal bits from the bottom fan bracket. Made the Torrent much quieter using some 5mm spacer for the bottom fans. But more to do with me being really pick than actually an issue.

I tried using 5mm spacers but it didn't help with the noise. The Noctua NF-A14 are much quieter at slow speeds, and you can also stop them at 0% on PWM unlike the Fractal 140mm.

The first fans supplied with the case had the clicking issue. Replacement was fine. The excessive noise was improved with spacers. But nowhere as efficient and quiet as a high end fan. Using the Phanteks T30 now and I’m very impressed.
Used Noctua for an O11 Air Mini built and the 120mm didn’t impressed me, but the 140mm was fantastic. Very silent and moving loads of air.

Back
Top Bottom