what causes an aera to be bad....

Soldato
Usually the way a cities designed and development, in Bristol for example the the east/west side difference in quality could be attributed to the way M32 divides the city in half. In American cities you'll find the post industrial revolution had a lot to do with the rough areas, cities expanded while dity industry reduced making the city centres more financial oriented surrounded by the indistrial areas which in turn are surrounded by suburbs which typically houses the ones that work in the centre. Unfortunetely all cities are gona have good and bad areas, it's just a balance for a working city, the bigger the difference in salary the bigger the difference in "roughness" /obvious

Soldato
basicaly were having this discusion at work because of the " whats bristol like thread" we were arguing about what makes an aera bad...... i.e my grandparents were from slough, it was a really nice aera back in the 50's but now its a hell hole full of eastern europeans and indians, with a takeaway or fried chicken joint on every corner, rubbish everywhere, tatty cars, run down housing and groty looking people moaping about... but my question is what are the causes of this.... what turns a nice area into a dump , the people ,the council , ???

discuss..:)

Chavs who cant spell, dont you just hate them? oh hang on..................;):D:D

Man of Honour
Cheap council houses. be it proper council house or subsidised housing.

filled up with scum/immigrants.

for example filton use to be an ok area. Now the council is helping all are lovely ethnic minoritys get in the new houses. It's allready turning into a slum and tehy haven't even finished building yet.

Soldato
Cheap council houses. be it proper council house or subsidised housing.

filled up with scum/immigrants.

for example filton use to be an ok area. Now the council is helping all are lovely ethnic minoritys get in the new houses. It's allready turning into a slum and tehy haven't even finished building yet.

Firstly I don't live in a council house (not an immigrant or ethnic minority). Secondly I don't agree with this superiority complex people have. If u live in a slum its only because u perceive it to be one.

This country is supposed to be the "land of hope and glory" not "land of hate and downtrodden".

Man of Honour
Firstly I don't live in a council house (not an immigrant or ethnic minority). Secondly I don't agree with this superiority complex people have. If u live in a slum its only because u perceive it to be one.

This country is supposed to be the "land of hope and glory" not "land of hate and downtrodden".

I never said everyone in an area will be bad. But that is the main cause of bad areas. Cheap council houses. Generally bring people in who are bad parents. Bringing the area down.

Man of Honour
But those "bad parents" don't magically appear, they themselves are a result of cyclical bad parenting.

We need to actually educate young people how to not **** up their lives by having kids when they're sixteen and some chav guy convinces them they should have sex because they "love" each other.
I never said they did and I agree with you. the question was what brings a good area down to a bad one.

Soldato
I never said everyone in an area will be bad. But that is the main cause of bad areas.
I would rather live next to a bad parent than someone who walked down the street thinking everyone was scum. Would it be possible to live u life without being so hateful?

If u taught your children your bad attitude, I would call you a bad parent. Maybe Im some kind of hippy but seriously u need to stop the hating.

Man of Honour
I would rather live next to a bad parent than someone who walked down the street thinking everyone was scum. Would it be possible to live u life without being so hateful?

I'm not hateful. I answered a simple question and you're reading far to much into what I said. All I said was cheap housing generally brings in familys that are trouble. Nothing more.

Associate
Council estates affect an area a great deal. Half of the estate will be full of the genuinely needy, be it asylum seekers or those who've been knocked down on the financial scale, unfortunately for the rest of us it'll also be fall of knife wielding hoodies and poor (mainly in terms of their ability to parent, not finances!) parenting.

Investment affects an area a great deal. Investment by local business helps a lot, brings jobs to the area etc. By bringing jobs into the area, more jobs = more money to spent = encourages more investment.

Man of Honour
Well there is a tiny amount of immigration into Plymouth and there is a lot of council housing full of complete idiots. Can't just blame immigration all the time. It's not the fact people are immigrants, it's their socio economic status and their upbringing.

I didn't just say immigrants I said scum as well. Basically bad parents. mass Immigration don't help due to language barrier and not knowing uk law.

Soldato
I didn't just say immigrants I said scum as well. Basically bad parents. mass Immigration don't help due to language barrier and not knowing uk law.

Indeed. Locally, a large amount of thieving immigrants have a wonderful knack of being able to speak English with no issues right up until they get arrested. It's amazing what happens to their ability to use the English language once Mr Police Officer starts speaking to them :-/

Soldato
So how are the people who live in Council Houses complete idiots? One of the eggheads from the bbc2 show was a taxi driver.

Even if they are idiots, its not a crime. I hardly know what my next door neighbours look like; I don't see how people living in the general vicinity deserve contempt.

Man of Honour
So how are the people who live in Council Houses complete idiots? One of the eggheads from the bbc2 show was a taxi driver.

Even if they are idiots, its not a crime. I hardly know what my next door neighbours look like; I don't see how people living in the general vicinity deserve contempt.

They don't get contempt. It's down to averages again. Averagely there will be more bad parents and thus scum in cheap housing, than there will be in other areas. Once an area becomes bad it's very hard to get it good again. As bad kids, become bad parents and it's a nice circle.

Soldato
They don't get contempt. It's down to averages again. Averagely there will be more bad parents and thus scum in cheap housing, than there will be in other areas. Once an area becomes bad it's very hard to get it good again. As bad kids, become bad parents and it's a nice circle.

Are u planning on running for office? Kind of like a conservative BNP.

I still don't understand how people living in council houses effect u enough that u call them scum.

YOu know Hitler classified Jews as an underclass and he probably believed every word he said.

Back
Top Bottom