What CRTs are you using for gaming?

Associate
Trinitrons are used by other brands also, so there are plenty of varied types which are decent. If its 21" and above, trinitron, it's going to be decent.

Soldato
Sony GDM-FW900. I haven't seen a better monitor than this, especially for gaming. Unfortunately it looks like it's on the way out and anything on the currently on the market is a significant downgrade :/

Soldato
As on the other thread these area all aperture grille screens, sony had the patent (which expired).

Any aperture grille Monitor is likely to be pretty good, but it's getting hard to find good examples now, they do wear out.

GDM-FW900 is the zenith, but the Mitsubishi diamond pro's are great while they last. (my first OC purchase). :)

aln

aln

Associate
dot pitch is 0.28 on a mitsu? :s
I aint found better than an Iiyama pro 454 tbh.
Is there?

Rumor is the diamond pro is actually better in reality (we're talking @ 19 inch here).

I'm happy with my Iiyama pro 454 though, and my mates mitsu didn't look any better (or worse) at LAN.

Only us fussy FPS gamers :p

Indeed. LCD delays pretty much make me uncomfortable when I'm trying to play. I can see the difference between my hand moving and my screen moving, and I very much do not like it. It's OK for casual stuff, but not FPS. I'm hoping if SED / OLED monitors _ever_ get released, then we'll be better off.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sony GDM-FW900. I haven't seen a better monitor than this, especially for gaming. Unfortunately it looks like it's on the way out and anything on the currently on the market is a significant downgrade :/

Yupyupyup.

2 on the desk at the moment, 2 in excellent condition in the cupboard, 1 as spare parts.

Associate
I skipped a perfectly good sony triniton before xmas. You could have had it for free!!! I didn't realise people still used them.

Me too.
A Mitsubishi 22" diamond pro

I kept it for a while then chucked it out the garage door on the side of the drive. needed the room.
It was only there a night or two before it was stolen. Prolly one of these die hard FPS on-line gamers thought his luck was in :D

Associate
I'm also using a Mitsubishi 22" diamond pro. It has started to make a high pitch squeal from time to time though, anyone know if anything can be done about that?

Back
Top Bottom