What desktop speakers are you using?

Soldato
That is rather cosy :cool:

More cozy than you think. It’s a bit of a mess in there at the moment as we had to shoehorn another desk in the room for the other half to work from home.

What carp? I don’t see any fish?

:p

Gotta love that Sennheiser hanger, shame they discontinued it. Is that an additional ass cushion for the racing chair? :D

I need to get a multi headphone stand. If you’re interested I’ll post the hanger to you when it’s replaced.

Yes that’s an additional ass/back cushion I require now and then when my nerves are playing up.

Soldato
More cozy than you think. It’s a bit of a mess in there at the moment as we had to shoehorn another desk in the room for the other half to work from home.

:p

I need to get a multi headphone stand. If you’re interested I’ll post the hanger to you when it’s replaced.

Yes that’s an additional ass/back cushion I require now and then when my nerves are playing up.

Will take you up on that offer, can always do with more of those things!

Associate
pic.

ZUqJDeY.png

I have to say those speakers look amazing albeit I agree quite big, was amazed at how much they cost though.

As with many of us I find myself working more at home, currently I use Edifier 1800 which are great but would like just a touch more bass.......

Has anyone heard these,
Presonus Eris E7 XT Active Studio Monitor?

Also what are the silver boxes?

Soldato
[pic.]

I have to say those speakers look amazing albeit I agree quite big, was amazed at how much they cost though.

As with many of us I find myself working more at home, currently I use Edifier 1800 which are great but would like just a touch more bass.......

Has anyone heard these,
Presonus Eris E7 XT Active Studio Monitor?

Also what are the silver boxes?

The "silver boxes" are Schiit Bifrost and Schiit Asgard 2.

You think my Dynaudio are big, the Presonus Eris E7 XT are bigger (except depth).

Associate
You are right, I was originally looking at the E5 XT’s but just because the step up to the E7’s was small £’s I changed my mind.

Currently I use Spotify, effectively on a Echo Dot that connects to the Edifiers, although I use my iPad as a controller.....this works well. It’s been years since I was ‘active’ with HiFi stuff so was just wondering what my options are, hence all the questions.

I think better active monitors then later maybe a better quality streamer/ DAC as the source......does this sound right?

Associate
Z337's (they come with a bass box)

bDCHeAo.jpg

AF1QipMMkqbOkltRZOiBfVQOniD840d3Bro2emlCA_QX

Soldato
I think ill be going down the NAD D3020v2 with Dali Spekor 2 speakers if my Dynaudio Xeo 2s dont come back from being fixed.

Well Doug Brady's in Warrington managed to get hold of Dynaudio. They have issued an RMA to send them back to Denmark to fixed :(, was hoping their UK distrubution centre would have just sent a new set out but never mind. I can see this taking months to sort and get my speakers back. Seriously considering just ordering the wee Nad and a nice little normal speakers and selling the Dynaudio's when they eventually come back to me.

Soldato
Well Doug Brady's in Warrington managed to get hold of Dynaudio. They have issued an RMA to send them back to Denmark to fixed :(, was hoping their UK distrubution centre would have just sent a new set out but never mind. I can see this taking months to sort and get my speakers back. Seriously considering just ordering the wee Nad and a nice little normal speakers and selling the Dynaudio's when they eventually come back to me.

Worth contact Dynaudio with any reference info you have to complain about the service? Who knows, they might trigger a direct replacement?

Soldato
Pair of Genelec 8030a + Genelec 7050b sub sitting under the desk, both are 13 years old with some visible damage but no audio issues. Motu M2 as my DAC. :)
63rK41I.jpg

nznXc7q.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost going for that exact same setup! Don't think I'll need the sub but 8030c + MOTU M4 is my next spice, I reckon! Went M4 over M2 for the line outs for a dedicated headphone amp + I got a deal on it that made it cheaper than the M2, lol.

The only thing I prefer on the M2 is the data on the display isn't so crushed, so seeing your mic input levels is much easier from a distance.

Is that TV the CX?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom