What development Software do you use??

Soldato
Eclipse for Java, Visual Studio for everything else thought WebMatrix seems really good for web development at the moment.

Soldato
Visual Studio (C++)
Eclipse (Python)
Kate if I've got a UI (C++)
Vi/Emacs/Whatever is on the platform if not! (C++)

Plus the usual sprinkling of GNU tools and Valgrind/Klocwork. Embedded C++ is my area.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Sublime is the best text editor but I have found but Webstorm is more productive for me when working on projects mainly due to jumping to definitions, more intelligent auto-complete, and better version control and refactoring tools available.

Webstorm has more sophisticated linting available than sublime and better displaying of lint errors as well.

Associate
Eclipse for Java
Sublime Text 2 for python/ruby

Recently for Web Dev (php/js/html) I have been using Brackets which I am really liking and it gets better with a few plugins (the tern plugin is a must), it is also free and open source. Also tried phpstorm/webstorm which are good but I find to be a bit clunky. My safe ground is Sublime Text 2 though.

Associate
VS2012 Ultimate for 90% of work and SQL Management Studio 2008 R2 for the other 10% but our application is mostly ASP with a little bit of PHP and Javascript. I still use Notepad++ for a lot of things but my work is so integrated into TFS etc it would be silly to use anything else.

If I was doing any other languages I'd be all over sublime text, its supposed to be excellent.

Associate
While VS cost's a decent wedge of cash if your using it 8hours a day it pays for itself and I couldn't work without it. Same goes for Resharper looks pricey but after a month its paid for itself.

Associate
no one uses komodo edit? the free version is good enough. can check your php errors without you running the page in browser. has completion tip for php, jquery etc. mean regex/find features too

Associate
notepadd++ for when i know what changes im making and im confident (still check before upload)
dreamweaver for when im designing new stuff or when i want to see how it displays constantly as i make adjustments (i.e picture sizing and page layouts)

Associate
VS 2012 (mostly, although also 2008, 2005, and 2003 for some legacy stuff) at work. Express at home.

Netbeans (or Eclipse) if I'm tinkering with Java at home.

Notepad++ for odds and sods.

Associate
I use Dreamweaver at the moment and have done for a while, I like the related files bar it has below the files you're working on. Like any CSS or JS files etc. I just use the code view and preview it with Chrome, where I use the developer tools a lot, also got the web developer extension installed which is quite useful.

Then I've got xampp, notepad++, and filezilla - the usual most people have!

Going to give Brackets a good try though.

Back
Top Bottom