1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by edd1e, May 3, 2012.

1. Malt_Vinegar

Underboss

Good man! Looks in pretty decent nick. What does it need?

2. eddie101

Wise Guy

Ordered some AN10 hose, check valve and fittings to make up a new oil return from the turbo. Am getting 1 drop of oil leak out from the turbo casing when the engine is cooling which i suspect is a combination of the oil from the sump feeding back and the height the turbo is mounted.

3. Felix

Mobster

Cleaned a lot of muck and grime off the the area around the front sprocket, was mostly grit mixed with chain wax. Then gave the chain a good clean with paraffin and then a spray with chain wax. Will hopefully cover the bike with ACF50 later.

4. Mickcas

Gangster

Technically it was yesterday but fitted evotech radiator guard and sliders, gave it a clean and a ride out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RyanF

Wise Guy

Technically yesterday but the MOT was today, took it to the garage and it went straight through with no advisories so chuffed with that :)

I'm coming up to needing to learn how to do oil changes, and at the same time it's probably worth learning other basic maintenance e.g. chain tightening etc. I'm going to be going off of some YouTube videos but anyone know a good tool kit or pieces worth picking up? I've got spanners, torque wrench etc. but is there anything unique to motorcycle maintenance worth getting?

6. Griffo

Wise Guy

@Maccapacca how do you find the vario luggage stuff? I'm starting out deciding whether to go there or Givi or SW or or or!

7. Malt_Vinegar

Underboss

Oil filter wrench.
    Strap or clamp type, but they do good job in saving you some time and mess.

8. Maccapacca

Tea

Vario is awesome really, day to day it's quite slim and the ability to double the space when needed is a nice touch.

Had three sets of vario on various BMWs loved them all really. This set is quite susceptible to damage, previous set seemed to be a little more robust maybe it's economies of material thickness.

9. Griffo

Wise Guy

Thanks man. Yeah I had the sports panniers on the K1300S which were expando-fun. I like that it seems these vario ones will not hinder filtering too much also. Unless the dealer offers me a great deal at bike-buying moment I'll try and find some to look at in person first.

10. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

Decided to change the tank panels for black ones and swapped the yellow Arrow badge for a black and white one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. *Rich*

Wise Guy

MOT for my MT10, thought i'd get an advisory for noise at least considering it's straight through de-cat. Tester wasn't even bothered by the noise....probably heard louder maybe.

Also fitted a new Yamaha Comfort seat too. Need some half decent weather now to get out there and play.

12. khemist

Soldato

This has to be the worst spell of bad weather in recent history or am i imagining it?.

13. Lakeland

Soldato

Nope it’s been awful. We have had a handful of half days that were ‘ok’ but on the whole I can’t think of a nice day in a long time.

14. khemist

Soldato

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more bits. rear wheel hugger, heated grips, quadlock usb mount, rear seat cowl, engine sliders.

15. CGrieves

Wise Guy

You fitted that hugger by choice?! :D

It's... Errrrr... Unique.

16. khemist

Soldato

I'd rather not have one but if don't there will be a lot of crap kicked up because of the tail tidy, i can't see anything better looking out there, post a link if you can.

17. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

Are you sure the bike kicks crap up? My bike has a "tail tidy" which looks to hold the plate in a similar position and no muck gets kicked up beyond the rear light tbh.

18. khemist

Soldato

Yeah, it kicked up crud all over my backpack and jacket, i'll be removing it if we ever get some dry weather.

19. Captain

Capodecina

Strange, all my bikes have had a tail tidy fitted and never kicked up any dirt and I ride in all weather.

20. Malt_Vinegar

Underboss

That bike has a very short seat, and the tail tidy seems to remove a lot of the length over the rear wheel which would likely cause it to flick up forwards to the rider a lot more easily.