what does your nest schedule look like?

Soldato
Curious without learning mode what does nest offer that a standard programmable thermostat doesn't, I thought the learning bit was the while point of them.

The automatic home/away function is the biggest convenience for me.

Without taking an uploading a screenshot, my schedule basically consists of activation at 19.5C at 6am (8am at the weekend) and deactivation/into 14C eco mode at 10pm. It means any time we're at home the house is at a comfortable temperature, and when we're both out, it's not wasting energy.

I found the automatic scheduling to be very hit and miss.

By far the worst thing about the app is the awfully fiddly and annoying way in which you have to set the temperatures and times in the schedule!

Soldato
By far the worst thing about the app is the awfully fiddly and annoying way in which you have to set the temperatures and times in the schedule!

YES! I had the misfortune on Friday night to need to adjust the heating so that the house was warm at 4am the following morning. I'm not the most patient chap in the world anyway but trying to make that simple change was phone snappingly frustrating!

Caporegime
I wish you could set the mode to ECO in the schedule
not sure if you can?

i've already posted in this thread how to do that.

my schedule is 19C for when I wake up.

then the time i leave my house i set the schedule to 10C (effectively eco or off).

then when i'm going to be back on the house back to 19C in the evening and 16C for the night.

Soldato
After a good few days of having the learning schedule run, it seems to be usong a lot less energu tp keep my house warm.

Before I had eco mode set, and the house was cold when arriving home late at night from work, unless I remembered to switch it on before leaving. It would normally take an hour or so to get it from 13c to 21c. Leaving the learning schedule on the house is warm and the heating has been on for a total of 1hr 30mins for the days I have been away all day at work. The house is warm when I get in, which is a huge bonus :). Previously with eco mode the total heating time would be roughly 2 1/2 hours.
Going to stick with auto schedule mode for a bit and see how this months gas usage works out compared to last months.

daz

daz

Soldato
My Schedule is basically.

5.30am - 18.5
7.45am - 20
11.30am - 19
18.00pm - 21
21.30 - 17.5 (for the night)

Right now with temps close to freezing the heating is on for 10-12 hours a day. Going to have a go with the learning but didn't have much luck with it before.

Associate
My Schedule is basically.

5.30am - 18.5
7.45am - 20
11.30am - 19
18.00pm - 21
21.30 - 17.5 (for the night)

Right now with temps close to freezing the heating is on for 10-12 hours a day. Going to have a go with the learning but didn't have much luck with it before.

how big is your house the heating being on for 10 hours a day seems a bit extreme. My 4 bed detached has been averaging roughly 4 hours a day with learniong turned on and pre heating.

Associate
might be worth while checking your loft insulation incase thats a bit low also if you have a draughty loft hatch maybe get a sealed insulated one put in

Associate
this is all good so can you tell me that say on a monday if you have 6am set for 21 and 5pm set for 21 what happens between 6am and 5pm ? does it go off and stop heating until until the preheat starts to get it to 21 by 5pm? just wondered as mine is set like this and when i come down in the morning the nest shows its set at 21 but its real temperature is 18 so its like it cant warm up the house to 21 by the time i have said 21. i have it set on 5 hour pre heat as well. its not a warm house but just wondering if i have it setup correctly. thanks

Back
Top Bottom