What 'free stuff' do you get from work?

Associate
Day to day free stuff that I take for granted - free coffee and tea, as much as you can stomach. We're not talking about Tesco value either, it's Nescafé Gold Blend/Tetley tea and proper Silver Spoon sugar.

Old computer kit from the offices. I.e., I "recycle" them (a.k.a. I fix them up and ebay them/carboot them), the company takes a 20% cut, I pocket the rest. A nice little arrangement I got there.

Associate
the occasional gift from patients gives a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D
boxes of biscuits, chocolates, home-made baked goods, and cards - to be honest the wonderful things people write are worth more than any gift ever could!

reps sometimes bring pens and things in - but i don't really class that as 'free stuff' as it's all equipment that'll be used at work!

Associate
The best stationary in the world :) We make it. And 50ish% discount across some of our products.

Oh and at a trade show I was at once representing my company I swapped one of our £10 products for a £350 chair from a chair company. Hehe

Soldato
free breakfast, lunch, snacks & drinks,
office pool table, Nintendo Wii, beer pump, poker table, pinball machine, 50" plasma tv with Sky+,
yearly all expenses paid company weekend away (some where nice and hot!),
all expenses paid staff parties every few months,
numerous other company paid social activities,
private health care,
and maybe some other bits that I've forgotten :).

Soldato
Free Bus Tickets :( free stuff that people leave on the bus and don't claim (4 phones this year) Ipods and the like, God i love students with more money than sense as they never claim stuff back!

Man of Honour
Free coffee and milk.
Free xmas party.

That's about it.

Sounds to me like we could stop the recession right here and now by shutting down all these perks everyone seems to get!

Soldato
I took a 50" Panasonic screen and a onkyo TX-SR 875 out of the stock room last year, the accountant still has not noticed (he has been bugging me to do a full stock take):D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom