What good things do you remember about santa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok, heres the deal, my little lad is 3. He's just got to the age where randypaws means something and i want to make sure that i get 100% wonderment on his face on crimbo morning. My little girl is 10 now so no santa but i want her to have a great day too.

So we're going to do carrots outside for the raindeer, and glitter footsteps to the tree where all the prezzys will be....

What else do ya think, what do you remeber about it, what made you think wow on crimbo morning, just the prezzys, was it sneeking down and seeing the prezzys around the tree ?

What about the day ? what made it great for you :)

All sensable ideas will be incorperated into a fantasmigorical crimbo day for my little ones.... oh and wifey :D

Wise Guy
Associate
Having 'from Santa' written on the tags, although for some reason my parents seem to have started doing that one again :rolleyes: :D

Also, mince pie and sherry. I've no idea what happened to the sherry though, as no one likes the stuff in my family.

The santa sack thing at the end of the bed, hearing someone sneaking upstairs but being told that opening my eyes would mean he'd vanish. I feel so conned :(

Soldato
Looking out of the window for him on his sleigh... but panicking when it got to midnight and I thought he might not come because I was still wide awake!

Also, my friends have children and they got some tapes with messages from Santa Claus. They have different ones with tunes on. But at the beginning of the tape is a message from Santa to them! The tape knows there name because you buy it with their name on (like you would a keyring or a mug).

So for someone call Bob...

Ho Ho Ho... This is Santa from the North Pole. I hope you've been a good boy this year "Bob". I have lots of presents for you here. The elves are working on some more ready for Christmas Eve... etc...

Sorry.. got carried away there...

Soldato
OP
I remember looking out the window for him but then wondering if he wouldn't come because i had :D

I think getting him to help choose things for santa to have when he comes will be cool, i'll do that :cool:

Man of Honour
My dad always insisted that I leave Santa a six pack of Guinness and half a bottle of whiskey rather than the traditional cherry, because "it will keep him going" :D And to think at the time I believed that.

The glitter footsteps sound like a great idea.
Make sure that if something is left out like a drink and some grub, that a plate of crumbs and empty glass is left there when the children go in. Every little detail helps.

Soldato
Originally posted by Scuzi
My dad always insisted that I leave Santa a six pack of Guinness and half a bottle of whiskey rather than the traditional cherry, because "it will keep him going" :D And to think at the time I believed that.

lol,

thanks for that, i am feeling quite depressed today for some reason, that has cheered me up no end

i knew there was a reason i was a member of these forums

as for Santa, i used to love the presents under the tree, but tbh i don't remember that much of when i believed in santa, my sister told me he didn't exist when i was still quite young (dunno exactly) and that kind of ruins christmas for a kid

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Originally posted by SKILL
lol,

as for Santa, i used to love the presents under the tree, but tbh i don't remember that much of when i believed in santa, my sister told me he didn't exist when i was still quite young (dunno exactly) and that kind of ruins christmas for a kid

Yeah I didnt believe in him from very early, (older Bro) but I always pretended I did to my parents for a couple of years after, which is rather ironic. They were putting on a charade for my benifit and I was going along with it for theirs :-/

Soldato
i ended up telling my cousins who are a year or so younger than me

one of the only things in my life i truly regret, although my christmases were effectively ruined, i didn't have to ruin theirs as well,

ah well, not much i can do about it now

Associate
I always thought that a stocking left on the end of my bed(usually a big black sock actually)with a few smaller presents,and an orange and some loose change etc etc,always added a lot to my day.

Soldato
I think for xmas i remember having my stocking full of presents in the morning which gave me sumthing to have until my parents woke up. I remember once i put plastic bags all over my bedroom floor so that i would hear him wen he was putting the presents in my stocking. Also i like xmas bcos of the amount of people in the house at the time, like i dunno if its just you, ur kids and your wife , but with my family my stepmums come down on xmas day to our house and theres about 15 peeps in the house and the whole day is just eating and opening presents and then i go to my dads family on boxing day and open even more presents and talk to even more people which is great so i think celebrating it with lots of people helps on the actual day.

Soldato
I used to love Xmas when we were tiny.

We used to get up REALLY early in the morning, our stockings would be outside our bedroom doors (I have one brother)

We would have a christmas card from Santa and Rudolph which was sooo exciting and we would have footprints coming up the stairs.

Big pressies would be under the tree where the plate with half a chewed mince pie and a semi munched carrot would be. We always thought it was well exciting that Rudolph and Santa had both been in our house!!

The one thing that to this day still marks the beginning of Xmas for me is when the local Round Table bring Santa round on his sleigh to see all the kids, I always stand outside with my Mum just to watch all the little ones enjoying themselves in Santa's presence.

Make it magical for them, we have no little ones in our family at present and I miss the magic they create on Xmas Day:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom