What happened to my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcknight said:
I think the guy wants to know if anyone else has had the same issues and just bringing it to everyones attention. Nothing wrong in that. I suppose OcUK should check to see if there are problems with the items not being compatable. No need to go slagging each other off.

Agree 100%....

After all we are all friends arent we? ;)

Cheers :)

I wouldn't be very happy if I bought something which said compatible with each other, then it wasn't, and then its a problem to get a different brand which is compatible.

Use the distance selling regulations to return it - so long as this is within 7 days of you purchasing it :)

Apart from that - shop threads concerning orders / slagging off / help me aren't allowed on the forums because nobody here can help you, it's really that simple - use e-mail / phone! :)

Beansprout said:
Use the distance selling regulations to return it - so long as this is within 7 days of you purchasing it :)

Apart from that - shop threads concerning orders / slagging off / help me aren't allowed on the forums because nobody here can help you, it's really that simple - use e-mail / phone! :)

The actual law is seven days from receipt.

And he has already stated (in the thread that got deleted) that he got it over seven days ago!

Does the reply that Paolos got mean that everything for sale on OCUK which says "compatible" cannot be guaranteed to be so?

Paolos said:
It's not looking good for me! This is the latest reply:

Dear ,

We do not cover incompatibles sir and the G.Skill memory has been well known on the internet as not being compatible with the Core DUO CPU's

Regards,

It's well known on the internet apparently!

If this is the response you have from OCUK then i suggest from my knowledge of trading standards you have a pretty nailed on case for a refund/credit.

Basically OCUK have sold something knowing they are not compatible but havent said this on the description.

IMO and advice i would take this "off the boards" and take it further!

Email again and see where you get. If you get nowhere seek further advice!

But it would be best if this was left to you now you have the "ammo".

{EDIT} Normally OCUK are usually quite good at these things, one of the reasons i buy from them! Dont know why they are not "playing ball" this time. :confused:

At the bottom of every page

"Overclockers UK - How Fast Do You Want To Go Today?
E&OE"

The E&OE is a clear indication that errors are possible. You will find them on all sales pamphlets so that you cannot insist on the 50" plasma advertised for £100

County said:
The actual law is seven days from receipt.

And he has already stated (in the thread that got deleted) that he got it over seven days ago!

Does the reply that Paolos got mean that everything for sale on OCUK which says "compatible" cannot be guaranteed to be so?

Oops - I was close!

To your question, I have no idea....I'm nothing to do with OcUK any more than you are :)

Beansprout said:
Oops - I was close!

To your question, I have no idea....I'm nothing to do with OcUK any more than you are :)

No worries mate :D

The law regarding consumer rights is very confusing but believe it or not its very buyer friendly.

Sellers have there hands tied usually with the buyer calling the shots!

closed now. Any more questions would need to be addressed with the shop please regarding this, any RMA or any complaints about the RAM or description

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom