What happened to my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Erm? I had a thread here explaining that my memory didn't work and I'd like to swap it but couldn't ... OCUK were invited to comment, and now the thread has gone! :confused:

Permabanned
OP
I wasn't breaking the rules! Just discussing my rights as a consumer ... It's an issue that needs to be resolved. By the sound of it loads of people have brought the same motherboard and RAM combo as me:

MY-012-GS G.Skill 2GB DDR2 LA PC2-5400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-5400PHU2-2GBLA) (MY-012-GS)
£119.99 £119.99

MB-061-GI Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-061-GI)
£91.99 £91.99

... But it doesn't work! OCUK needs to at least inform people of this. I now have £125 worth of RAM I can't use!

Associate
I was thinking of the same thing.

I bet they deleted it! :mad:

All we want is an explanation to why it says compatiable when it clearly isnt.

This isnt too much to ask is it?

Cheers :)

Soldato
The forums are not to be used for the posting of existing order or returns (RMA) queries. These can often involve delicate issues such as failed credit card authorisation and are best dealt with privately. Your order can be tracked online here. You can view our Returns Policy here. You can use OcUK's new Webnote system to contact OcUK about order and return queries. Please be aware that posting complaints about OcUK or their staff, will result in your forums account being suspended. If you persistantly post complaints, then you will be banned.

Associate
Ok then!

Can we start a new thread asking....

"Why are the:
MY-012-GS G.Skill 2GB DDR2 LA PC2-5400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-5400PHU2-2GBLA) (MY-012-GS)
£119.99 £119.99

MB-061-GI Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-061-GI)
£91.99 £91.99
advertised as compatiable when they are not?"

Would this be ok?

Permabanned
OP
The old one was deleted! I'm not complaining about OCUK, the issue must be addressed though, I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

Caporegime
County said:
I was thinking of the same thing.

I bet they deleted it! :mad:

All we want is an explanation to why it says compatiable when it clearly isnt.

This isnt too much to ask is it?

Have you tried going down your local Tesco and asking them why it says its compatible when it isnt, or maybe try your local police station, pop in and ask them, try your local bank as well.

Soldato
Paolos said:
The old one was deleted! I'm not complaining about OCUK, the issue must be addressed though, I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

why dont you just phone tech support and ask them if you can swap the memory out for another brand.

I dont see a problem with that , and there pretty good guys

Permabanned
OP
Roughneck said:
why dont you just phone tech support and ask them if you can swap the memory out for another brand.

I dont see a problem with that , and there pretty good guys

I emailed them yesterday. Apparently I can't because it's been opened and 'used' :(

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Have you tried going down your local Tesco and asking them why it says its compatible when it isnt, or maybe try your local police station, pop in and ask them, try your local bank as well.

Oh is this you being sarcastic? Clever you are mate!

Ive always wondered how you get 16k posts on here! ;)

Look,this guy had/has a problem and it has highlighted a problem (or whatever you want to call it). The problem is on the advertising for the above items they say they are compatible with each other when clearly they are not.

All i am asking is for OCUK to clarify the situation!

No bashing of OCUK has gone and no RMA talk has been talked of by myself.

Caporegime
DELETED i can't be arsed. :D

I don't work for OcUK so what do i care, so im sorry, i do not know why OcUK say its comaptible when it clearly isnt, have you tried asking them. :p

Thats me out only another 30k odd members left to go. :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think the guy wants to know if anyone else has had the same issues and just bringing it to everyones attention. Nothing wrong in that. I suppose OcUK should check to see if there are problems with the items not being compatable. No need to go slagging each other off.

Permabanned
OP
It's not looking good for me! This is the latest reply:

Dear ,

We do not cover incompatibles sir and the G.Skill memory has been well known on the internet as not being compatible with the Core DUO CPU's

Regards,

It's well known on the internet apparently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom