What has our country become?

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Its the media making it look worse, The bbc interviewed a newly qualified nurse who voted remain and asked her opinion on it, then they asked some random dim whit chav who choose leave. Its all made to look worse than it really is because it makes good news.

Soldato
Box ticking child dead on a beach fund me campaign.
Subscription TV with more adverts than terrestrial TV.
Skewed media with prefixes on celebrity.
Indifferent politicians with a party agenda and no rationale reason.
Sport obsessed unfit season ticket holder, five pints before, five after.
Sees manners as a weakness.
Sees compassion as an open invitation.
Uneducated, reality show voting, voyeuristic life lesson champions.
Self entitled, arrogant, self absorbed people with smartphones.

Apart from all that, a couple of blondes with the odd ginger head thrown in.

Soldato
Its the media making it look worse, The bbc interviewed a newly qualified nurse who voted remain and asked her opinion on it, then they asked some random dim whit chav who choose leave. Its all made to look worse than it really is because it makes good news.

And because of that exacerbation they've helped massively to sway people towards leaving the EU..

Soldato
You're literally gagging to slander anyone who has chosen leave.

Why are you making such a statement if not?

Just think of it in a positive way. At least if all these angery people who voted stay are taking it out in threads like this, they are not taking it out on their family at home.

Soldato
The media will have a lot to answer for if this whole thing goes **** up. They have slowly but surely induced the mindless masses into an almost euphoric state of xenophobia and this whole EU thing is just one end result of that.

i agree that the media are really stoking this up - everybody needs to calm down and figure out a way out of this - without recriminations, without insults, without belittling people or opinions.

Couldn't agree more, the journalism throughout this whole thing has been appalling. It has focused on headline grabbing at the expense of substance. There are valid points for both remain & leave but instead they have focused on who can tell the most lies in the most charismatic way. And now that we voted to leave they can over egg the reports of bad news & fear to their hearts content. What a **** state of affairs.

For example.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36641090 It's Been 4 days(& 2 actual business days) since we voted! F me! give the markets chance to settle before penning such blatant fear mongering. It's like they're trying to make things worse so they can report on things getting worse.:mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's certainly brought out the nasty side to people.

For whatever the future holds for our country - good or bad, i would hate to think that people drop back to the standards of the early 1900's. The reports of racial abuse has become rife over the last few days, even a few forum members on here have posted that their loved ones have been targeted in one way or another.

I work in the IT sector amongst a range of Europeans - Hungarian, Polish, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and they all contribute to our business and in result help contribute to the British economy. Frankly i think these people have more right to be in this country than some of the dole-grabbing scroungers that live in Britain with their sense of entitlement that the country owes them something.

Personally if i was PM i would have had benefit scroungers deported years ago.

Soldato
Just think of it in a positive way. At least if all these angery people who voted stay are taking it out in threads like this, they are not taking it out on their family at home.

Angry? I'm not angry I'm taking about observations I've made based on people I know and their friends and acquaintances.

I've not once said that all leave voters are racist, I'm pointing out the unfortunate situation of the way the racists have voted.

It's an important point I think that a very specific demographic of people have voted a certain way and are now acting out quite a bit towards others in the form of telling people to go home because we've left.

As a society it's important that we accept and acknowledge that people are acting like this, and that they belong to the leave side.

Soldato
Ok so because someone doesn't agree with you they are dillusional, back to type.

It's delusional because you're making things up. Stay is a vote for no change, literally. Just because you're adding context that the EU is on its way to some major changes doesn't mean anything. That's an assumption on your behalf.

Soldato
Angry? I'm not angry I'm taking about observations I've made based on people I know and their friends and acquaintances.

I've not once said that all leave voters are racist, I'm pointing out the unfortunate situation of the way the racists have voted.

It's an important point I think that a very specific demographic of people have voted a certain way and are now acting out quite a bit towards others in the form of telling people to go home because we've left.

As a society it's important that we accept and acknowledge that people are acting like this, and that they belong to the leave side.

The g/f was listening to the radio & she said they had some moron on it saying he voted leave to stop all the Asians coming here & committing Child Sexual Exploitation.:mad:

I can say that as a leave voter I hate people like that more than those who are throwing tantrums because they didn't get the result they wanted. I'm lumped in with knuckle dragging, mouth breathing spackers like that & it devalues the reason I voted out.

Associate
I've personally been called a racist, xenophobic and uneducated multiple times since I voted leave. People seem to think just because I voted leave I want every immigrant or non white out which is 100% not the case in fact I'd welcome anyone in the entire world who wants to work in the UK and wants to better their life's every time.

Soldato
I've personally been called a racist, xenophobic and uneducated multiple times since I voted leave. People seem to think just because I voted leave I want every immigrant or non white out which is 100% not the case in fact I'd welcome anyone in the entire world who wants to work in the UK and wants to better their life's every time.

By real actual people or on the internet?

Soldato
MINDLESS POOR PEOPLE.!!!

OMG go read that back to yourself will you and see how it sounds..

People on low incomes not allowed a say in the way is run are they. ONLY guardian readers and rich people allowed to vote are they ??

Shall we go back to the middle ages and serfdom for you would that suit your agenda better.

Indeed. I was reading some things the other day by some Remain supporting pseudo-intellectuals who are friends with someone I know and it was pretty shocking with some of their statements about people not at their perceived "level", e.g. how the Leave voters were "uneducated council estate scum" and as they (the said "scum") need them (the "liberal elite") more than the other way around then the Leave voters opinion should just be ignored.

Personally I do think that the political aspects of the EU have gone to far beyond the original idea of a common market for free trade.

I also do think that completely free travel does not work when you have to large an equality between different areas (as those in the poorer areas will go to the richer areas to try and get work thus overwhelming the services etc in those areas and thus forcing down the quality of life there). I do think we should let people come in but I think we should have more control over it in the same way that other countries do so that only skilled people are accepted, for example if someone is a qualified Nurse then they should be able to get a work permit and come over relatively easily but an unskilled labourer would be unlikely to be granted one as we have plenty of unemployed people already who could do that. (And as for EU nationals which are already here ... if they can show that they are paying tax then they should get an automatic work permit as part of the "cut over").

As for actual individuals coming in from other countries ... I would say maybe 10% of my road is traditional British (including me) and we get on fine with our neighbours where ever they are from, obviously i don't know in quite a few cases where that might be but my Polish neighbours are great. I have a bigger problem with the lefties who say you can't do x/y/z traditional British things because they might offend someone ... normally its not actually the "someone" who is getting offended it's these people getting "offended" on their behalf. We must have a mid-winter celebration because Christmas might offend non-Christians ... rubbish ... when people came here they knew that it was celebrated here and hence should not have had a problem with it ... its their choice whether to celebrate it in the same way as other people here do (by shopping then drinking to much and falling over) in the same way as it's my choice whether to celebrate whatever festivals they want to put on.

Associate
PM running away.

Cameron has not done a Miliband and just ****-off. But there is a lot more he should be doing. In January 2013, Cameron promised that, should his Conservative Party win a parliamentary majority at the 2015 general election, the UK Government would negotiate more favourable arrangements for continuing British membership of the EU, before holding a referendum on whether the UK should remain in or leave the EU. He also indicated that he would respect the result and continue to lead the country. Instead, he (and George Osborne) tried to scare the pants off the UK electorate should they vote leave, and simultaneously undermine his authority as PM, and damage the credibility and stability of the UK. Cameron deserves no sympathy.

Language - read the FAQs

Back
Top Bottom