What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
ECU remap on my Audi A1 S Line. The throttle response and acceleration is night and day difference to before. Getting the read windows tinted, lowered (on factory springs that make it sit too high imo) and upgraded exhaust system. Plan to keep it another few years before I get that V6/V8 I've always wanted.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Not today, but over the holidays when I was bored and weather was ok, I blanked the EGR, adjusted the Cam angle and created my first Stage 1 map, did some runs and logs - everything appears to be fine. I did have to fine tune it, currently on version 6 of the original. :p

image-2.png
Screenshot-2024-01-05-132614.png
PXL-20230819-160615857.jpg

Took me around a month, or just over to learn the basics, I had 2 mates look over the map and I did get a few tips how to improve things. But overall, it seems to be working fine... bit more wheelspin and overtaking on A/B roads now isn't as scary. :D

Edit: Encountered another issue though, Idk why but my windscreen jets insert keep poping out, its a little bit of plastic, I think its time to do a bodge job, CBA to keep on replacing them. Still, I like a good ol' S... Box. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The front end of my F11 had to come off on Christmas Eve as my headlight has developed a condensation issue and I'm not keen on spending £2300 on a new one. I've made it better but it's not perfect.
nezs1mh.jpeg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The front end of my F11 had to come off on Christmas Eve as my headlight has developed a condensation issue and I'm not keen on spending £2300 on a new one. I've made it better but it's not perfect.
Heatgun, scalpel or carpenters knife, remove the plastic lens/casing, remove glue residue/clean up the surface and reseal it with silicone. That's what I did once, but I changed the plastic lenses to new ones as mine were scratched badly and wouldn't polish out.

Associate
Finally managed to remove the seized rear spoiler screws on the RST, been soaking for months.
Bought and put a new cover on the bus.
Coded out stop start on the F31, can't believe I put up with doing this manually for 3 + years :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Heatgun, scalpel or carpenters knife, remove the plastic lens/casing, remove glue residue/clean up the surface and reseal it with silicone. That's what I did once, but I changed the plastic lenses to new ones as mine were scratched badly and wouldn't polish out.
I purchased a new gasket from BMW as the existing one evaporated in my hand when I removed it and then sealed around the lense and casing. It's made a massive improvement for now. Once I've got more spare time and don't need the car for a few days I'm looking at doing a full strip down. I think it's the goop around the LED modules that is letting moisture in though.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I purchased a new gasket from BMW as the existing one evaporated in my hand when I removed it and then sealed around the lense and casing. It's made a massive improvement for now. Once I've got more spare time and don't need the car for a few days I'm looking at doing a full strip down. I think it's the goop around the LED modules that is letting moisture in though.
Might be, when you think how many heat cycles the seals/gunk has gone through it has most likely lost all of its properties and is barely holding on.
It's the 1.4 TFSI 150 BHP version. Not sure what BHP I'm on now but it's a lot quicker. Might find a rolling road near me after I do the other mods.
Surely it would make sense to do all the mods first than tune the car, or am I missing something? :p

Associate
Not today, but yesterday drove a 6 hour round trip to pick up an oem bonnet, so I can get ride of the MAXPOWER, or realistically just a tuner one which is on it at the moment. Working towards getting it back on the road!

Permabanned
Yep! I always work on cars in old throaway clothes, but yes, even removing that gunk from your hands isn't easy, loads of scrubbing... I did prefer the way honda has engineered it though, easier access. The Skoda had that pannel riveted in, pain in the... I threaded the holes and used metal bolts with sharp threads for easier access next time, which has already paid off! The window froze and whilst trying to put it down one of the clamps slipped from the glass causing the window to go up at a funny angle.

image.png
Yeah NEVER wear anything you care about haha!
Ah AIDS! That reminds me of how BMW love to rivet in the window regulators on my 5 E36's...

Back
Top Bottom