What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Looked under the car for the causeing of the knock when pulling away and stopping.

Found 3 things.
1. Dogbone Was loose so i changed it for a Powerflex one.
2. Inner CV Boot small boot clip missing, So i ziptied that up and placed an order for metal one.
3. Drivers side wishbone Powerflex Bush Metal sleeve has moved and broken its Tacks.

The third issue Annoyed me greatly, As i only just fitted those a few months back.
So.. I Purchased these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331523281783?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That wont happen again!

Everything else looked fine. so i am thinking the broken Bush was the cause of my knocking.

Associate
Seems a very odd car to choose at your age and budget. I love Jags but I can't think why you'd chose one at £40k unless that is you don't actually have much say in the matter and your parents are just buying you what they want you to drive.

Not much point in facetiming you either as that's just proof you're driving it, not that it's your own car.

Not at all, I wanted to change car in a year or so, and I've been looking at the XE for a few months now and now they're entering production and have a 8 month wait, i decided to get my order in. Also actually Skyping or FaceTiming will prove whatever needs to be proved seeing as so many people want to say 'parents car'.

Soldato
My issue is that with all due respect you're being given utter ****e cars when you could be having something actually decent.

The reasons are either :

Parents car
Insurance limitations
Parents dictating the car

As soon as my insurance laid off me at 21 I went straight to a 911. So what is your reasoning as come on, an xe??

Soldato
My issue is that with all due respect you're being given utter ****e cars when you could be having something actually decent.

The reasons are either :

Parents car
Insurance limitations
Parents dictating the car

As soon as my insurance laid off me at 21 I went straight to a 911. So what is your reasoning as come on, an xe??
He isn't 21 yet, he said he was 19 in the middle of last year.

A fourth option is that everything he claims is false

Soldato
Not at all, I wanted to change car in a year or so, and I've been looking at the XE for a few months now and now they're entering production and have a 8 month wait, i decided to get my order in. Also actually Skyping or FaceTiming will prove whatever needs to be proved seeing as so many people want to say 'parents car'.

You've already posted saying your parents buy you 'any car' you want.

So there really is nothing to prove...

Soldato
He isn't 21 yet, he said he was 19 in the middle of last year.

A fourth option is that everything he claims is false

No the cars do exist and I'm sure he drives them. Private school taught me that but It's the actual concept of the vehicles he's driving or being gifted that has me stuck here.

Associate
No the cars do exist and I'm sure he drives them. Private school taught me that but It's the actual concept of the vehicles he's driving or being gifted that has me stuck here.

Ok. I too went private school so yes it is very much possible. I've seen people with much much better cars at younger ages than me. Anyway - the choice of cars may be weird however after many hours looking at the cars I like, I want to keep it to a saloon for now and I was originally going to look at an M3 for my next car however having always loved jags, (sister has F type) the XE-S was an attractive option for me.

Man of Honour
A BMW X6 is, at its cheapest, £51,400 before options. Deliveries have only just begun.

Are we to believe that having either not received his X6 yet - ordered some time ago - or having had it a matter of weeks, ElliotJames has already decided it's time for a new car and not only is it time for a new car, it's time for a massive downgrade from a top of the range luxury SUV to a much cheaper 4 cylinder 3 Series rival? If you couldnt last more than 2 weeks in 50 grands worth of 300bhp X6 then a 4 banger saloon car isn't going to hold your interest for more than 20 seconds....

It's almost as if he was never getting an X6. Perhaps his Dad has bought himself one or something and Elliot decided to pass it off as his? The X6 thing never made sense really.

Associate
[TW]Fox;27964920 said:
A BMW X6 is, at its cheapest, £51,400 before options. Deliveries have only just begun.

Are we to believe that having either not received his X6 yet - ordered some time ago - or having had it a matter of weeks, ElliotJames has already decided it's time for a new car and not only is it time for a new car, it's time for a massive downgrade from a top of the range luxury SUV to a much cheaper 4 cylinder 3 Series rival? If you couldnt last more than 2 weeks in 50 grands worth of 300bhp X6 then a 4 banger saloon car isn't going to hold your interest for more than 20 seconds....

It's almost as if he was never getting an X6. Perhaps his Dad has bought himself one or something and Elliot decided to pass it off as his? The X6 thing never made sense really.

Ah my old friend. No the X6 is mine. The X6 will go to my sister once I depart with it. Read the topic, I placed my order for the XE on Thursday due to the long wait time. I have been given an estimated date of December which is a long time away. No, no cars are to be 'passed of' as others otherwise I would be saying I'm driving a 11 plate SLS. The decision was made by my to choose the car. Yes parents are paying so if you want to say it's their car be my guest. Also read back to my old posts, I did say the X6 would be kept for a year or two as I know I'm open to another car near Xmas time, so yes this will have been kept for a near year then it will be passed to my sister more than likely. Still no one has contacted me, instead of people posting on the thread this that XYZ just contact me and we can discuss see whatever.

I don't mind posts from Fox actually because he speaks the most sense but people, give it a rest.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

This is why I love Pintos (and working on Westfields) - 15mins and the water pump is off. Waiting on overnight parts from Japan (well, okay, Burton Power) for new one.

IMAG00222_zpsmxj1tjlf.jpg

Decided to fit the new Wideband as well seeing as the Innovate one died. It's only been sat in my garage for nearly 18 months!

IMAG0023_zpsqnzimc8p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Decided to take the wheels of the STI and clean the inside of them + the inner arch/brake calipers. Started raining as soon as I finished one corner so abandoned that. Have to wait for another day!

Back
Top Bottom