what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
I use a Steelseries Arctis 5 headset. Decent enough quality, I've run them through the various tests at https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php and they performed well. They are heavy though seeing as they are of the USB variant, which is a little annoying as I ended up getting a Sound Blaster Z and running them through it via 3.5mm.

I'm fascinated with binaural audio and I wish it was used more, although I'm hoping it's necessity for VR will help it grow. I remember Aureal Vortx A3D, amazing tech for its time.

Soldato
Do Beyerdynamic do a closed headphone with wide soundstage do you know?

I’m looking for a closed version of the AKG 702s with similar soundstage and maybe a bit more bass
Even from open headphones very few have as much loose room in soundstage as K702.
So doubt there's any closed even remotely near them.
Though for closed headphone DT770 does quite nicely and with good positioning for gaming.

Soldato
Even from open headphones very few have as much loose room in soundstage as K702.
So doubt there's any closed even remotely near them.
Though for closed headphone DT770 does quite nicely and with good positioning for gaming.
Thanks. I would be interested in listening to them somewhere if possible

Are these worth a look?

Denon AH-D2000
AKG K550 mkiii

Soldato
Thanks. I would be interested in listening to them somewhere if possible

Are these worth a look?

Denon AH-D2000
AKG K550 mkiii
I think AH-D2000 has pretty neutral bass, though closed design should make it feel more.
Can't find more certainly current measurements for it to compare with others.

K550 again has more usual above neutral bass of closed design like DT770.
Would expect also good gaming soundstage for closed can.
Though comfort might suffer with those full (p?)leather pads compared to Beyer's breathing velours.

From Beyers DT990 has possibly the biggest sound stage, though not as huge as K702 has.
DT1990 takes notch down in soundstage size for gaming.
Though positioning is very good with "in your face" clarity of details and while more neutral bass is better than in DT990.
Same driver with different tuning using Amiron Home relaxes little in how forward details are, but still positions well and bass simply beats DT990.
DT770 is around that level in soundstage what I listened it after Amiron Home in one shop couple years ago.

Soldato
The DT1990 may have a slightly smaller soundstage than the DT990 because it's a semi-open back headphone but it makes up for it with superior imaging and superb, fast bass. I have the K702, the DT990 and the DT1990 and I personally use the DT1990 for gaming as it's more immersive (I don't do competitive gaming). Sure the K702 has a bigger soundstage but it doesn't sound natural to me and it is seriously lacking in the bass department, even after performing the port mod which adds 5db to the bass.
I haven't heard the AH-D2000 but I do have the AH-D7200 and that has a soundstage roughly the same as the DT1990 but also has insanely good bass (both sub-bass and mid bass), not just quantity but also quality and also has a surprisingly good amount of detail considering there is a roll off in the highs (you'll never hear sibilance).

Soldato
Do the DT 770 Pros have a detachable cable from the left/right can?
Original "below 1000" Beyers don't have detachable cable.
(that comes in newer DT1xx0 models+Amiron Home)
Though cable of at least DT990 Edition is quite beefy and it's easy to find modding guides for adding connector.

Soldato
Original "below 1000" Beyers don't have detachable cable.
(that comes in newer DT1xx0 models+Amiron Home)
Though cable of at least DT990 Edition is quite beefy and it's easy to find modding guides for adding connector.
This is one of my gripes with buying headphones - having to mod them in some way to work properly with a detatchable mic or make them comfier.
Why were they not designed with a usable cable and comfy in the first place?

These are my AKG 702s, with mini xlr to 3.5mm adapter and custom headband foam so the band doesnt rest on the same part of my head all the time and cause pain. So far the foam and double sided sticky tape has lasted over a year

VWjYYgC.jpg

YizyCjG.jpg

uCQC8d0.jpg

E19IkVU.jpg.png

Associate
Could not help my self,
This is one of my gripes with buying headphones - having to mod them in some way to work properly with a detatchable mic or make them comfier.
Why were they not designed with a usable cable and comfy in the first place?

These are my AKG 702s, with mini xlr to 3.5mm adapter and custom headband foam so the band doesnt rest on the same part of my head all the time and cause pain. So far the foam and double sided sticky tape has lasted over a year

E19IkVU.jpg.png

bean-1997-rowan-atkinson.jpg

bean-1997-rowan-atkinson-whistlers-mother-cartoon-face.jpg

Associate
Well Impress with the DT 770. First long run, 6 hours non-stop, can't even notice the headphone.
Previous headphone (on ear Motorola), wearing glasses (which I only do when using the PC) or over prolonged period of time, would cause discomfort. A lot.

Associate
Well my Adi 2 dac fs came today so this is my new headphone amp, paired with my Denon d7200.

I like what this Adi 2 dac is pumping out sound wise anyways, sounds more natural compared to my mantaz hd dac 1 as well as sounding how the sound should be i think.

I am happy i finally got my self a decent audio device, you can look all over the internet regarding peoples opinions of this device.

It hold nothing back, it presents the sound as it should.

Dan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom