1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by garyfl, 7 Dec 2010.

1. Guest2

Capodecina

Who's that? Some nice headphone but that seating position looks like his spine would turn into sausage.
    Also, photo taken on an Ericsson W810i?? :D

2. rids57

Soldato

Added a Sony NW-ZX507 DAP and a pair of Moondrop Starfield IEMs to the collection - sounds pretty amazing :)

3. XeNoNF50

Wise Guy

Just an update since I've now had my two new additions for a while - the FiiO M11 Plus DAP I've used extensively with the Focal Utopia/Stellia and Thieaudio Clairvoyance. Seem to use it way more than my desktop setup with the Focal Arche since I bought it. It is a mighty impressive audio device. Quite powerful on balanced connectors and drives TOTL headphones very well with the justice they deserve. Buy it if you are after a DAP (before the limited run disappears).

Also had the chance to listen to the B&O E8 3rd gen a friend bought. Absolute trash. The Sony WF-1000XM3 I own for use out and about is significantly better. Looking forward to getting and trying the WF-1000XM4 for my birthday off the other half later this year.

4. Brizzles

Sgarrista

[​IMG]

Dan Clark Aeon Flow
    Pathos Aurium headamp ( 1975 Reflektor SWGP sliver shield tubes )
    Gustard A18 dac AKM4499
    TerraDak lps for the headamp

Last edited: 24 Sep 2021
  5. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

DT990s (PC)
    TB 700Gen2s (XSX)
    Pulse 3D (PS5)

6. C64

Capodecina

what are the new go to budget iems say under £100

7. jcr

Wise Guy

Philips fidelio x2/hr or Sennheiser hd599 when theyre on offer. which is quite often.

oops sorry, i thought you said items.

8. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

NVM

Last edited: 5 Oct 2021
  9. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

Moondrop Starfield, £103 on Amazon right now, £83 slow post from China.

10. rids57

Soldato

I have a pair and they really do punch well above their weight - I just paid the £103 and got them quick dispatched from Amazon

11. FrozenShivers

Gangster

I'm so tempted to grab these, my PC setup is Sennheiser HD560S/Topping E30/Topping L30 and my workout headphones are AirPods Pro, so I don't exactly 'need' them but I've never had IEM's and I could use them for when I'm at work maybe...hmm!

12. C64

Capodecina

way better than the TIN 2's ? I like the idea of detchable cables they should have done this a long time ago on iem's,i'll check the out the moondrops thanks

13. rids57

Soldato

The Moondrop Arias will get you most of the way there, frequency response is close to the Starfield's, sound stage is a bit bigger, main differences are they don't image quite as well and they don't sound quite as refined as the Starfields but they only currently cost £69

14. MikeTimbers

Sgarrista

Just bought some Bose QC45 and they do sound really good. Have a set of Airpod Pro but those irritate the internals of my ears and give me nasty ear infections.

15. Angst

Mobster

Lovely setup, the longer I own my Dan Clark Aeon Open the more I fall in love with them.

16. C64

Capodecina

went for the tin t2's and silver cable and 16 memory foam tips in the end seemed better value than moondrops which would need spare cables tips too bringing the price up also
    £43 tin t2 what can possibly go wrong at that price

17. Drumroll

Wise Guy

Quick question, as you're using a Beyerdynamics, and I love mine DT770 Pro 80: how's the Sony Pulse?
    Tried a Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass but wasn't impressed. At the moment I'm using the DT770 and an optical to 3.5 DAC from the TV, but for gaming, the wireless Pulse sounds promising. Just worried about sound quality.

18. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

The bass is lacking compared to my other headsets, even with bass boosted in the equalizer settings. The positional audio is excellent, but the bass lets them down slightly. I actually prefer my TBs to all others, however crazy that might sound. The pulse are very comfortable though, I barely know I’m wearing them.

19. Drumroll

Wise Guy

Have one Pulse on its way now. :D:D:D
    I was more worried about it being bass heavy or muddy.
    If sounds clear, despite lacking a bit of bass, that's a compromise I'm happy to take.
    The DT770 is superb for comfort and sounds perfect for me. I guess it's down to personal taste. I can't find to like any bass heavy headset. At least not yet. Tried even my brother's WH-1000XM4 and still, not a headphone I would buy.

20. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

The sound is very clear. Flying through the city in Spider-Man every single sound is crisp, clear and the position/distance is bang on. Let me know how you get on with them.