What is the next big money making opportunity?

Soldato
Hi all.

I was years late to matching betting. Have still made a good profit from it, but could have been so much more if I'd got in earlier.

I was also years late to current account switching. I made a few hundred, but a few years ago the opportunities ran into thousands.

I have just started dabbling in mining, but many years late to that too.

So my question is what 'thing' should I be getting into right now that means I am not late to the party again?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Ok so maybe rather than asking 'what' the next thing is, because clearly no one knows, maybe better to ask 'how' one might find these opportunities. For example, how did people first discover how to matched bet, stoozing, mine etc?

Caporegime
Ok so maybe rather than asking 'what' the next thing is, because clearly no one knows, maybe better to ask 'how' one might find these opportunities. For example, how did people first discover how to matched bet, stoozing, mine etc?

matched betting has existed since the offers from online bookies existed... if you present someone with a +EV opportunity then they'll take it

as for crypto mining, that's kind of fundamental to crypto currencies

Caporegime
Ok so maybe my question should have been this - how can I avoid being last to the party again? What resources can I use to find out these opportunities and assess their potential benefits?

surely that depends on the opportunity, I mean even the few things you've mentioned are rather diverse - the people who first took advantage of matched betting won't necessarily be the same subset as the people who first started mining crypto

Soldato
Who knows?

Maybe renewable energy sources or cryptocurrency?

I could imagine that those that have done computer science/software engineering and are decent at it will make a pretty penny, especially those that are involved with algorithms for the finance sector.

The reason why I say this is everything is becoming automated so there are a lot of jobs at risk so the ones that are involved with helping develop the automation will do well

Associate
I am as well, just staring at it everyday trying to understand the trends, doesn't make sense at the moment.

I think trend analysis isn't going to cut it for Ethereum. All it will take is a major corporation to buy a chunk and the price will go through the roof. On the other hand, nobody recognises it as a valid currency and it disappears into obscurity. That's the gamble I suppose. Especially since it had a massive price drop a few weeks ago.

And yet here I am, still with zero.

Soldato
OP
The examples I used in my op all have one thing in common - zero or very limited risk. Hence, this is not a discussion about investing, in crypto currency or anything else. This is about finding those risk free opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom