What is the quickest way to copy data from someone elses machine?

Associate
Hi all,
Say you had to copy 150GB of data from someone else's machine, and couldn't open the case to fit any new PCI controllers etc, what would be the quickest way to do it? I need to find a faster way of copying data from client's servers - currently using an IDE drive in a USB2 enclosure.

Is there an obvious quicker way? Most people I deal with don't have eSata or Firefire available unfortunately....

Cheers,
Matt

I am not sure there are any Gigabit NAS devices, so your 100mb would only give you 10mb/s max (I usually get 7-8 when sending to another computer over network) and USB is much faster than that (31mb/s with my bros external drive).

<edit> *ignore

Last edited:
fobose said:
I am not sure there are any Gigabit NAS devices, so your 100mb would only give you 10mb/s max (I usually get 7-8 when sending to another computer over network) and USB is much faster than that (31mb/s with my bros external drive).

<edit> *ignore

Yeah their are Gigabit NAS's but for the life of me I cannot remember who makes them. (Probably more than 1 but I have deffo seen at least one in the past)

**EDIT**

Buffalo HD-HG300LAN Gigabit LinkStation

linkstation-300gb-box-win32-setup.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom