What is the requirement to post on the crypto sub forum?

It is a real shame that all that processing power isn't doing anything useful, has any cryptocurrency tried to put all that processing power to good use? Work on scientific / medial research etc

That's an interesting way at looking at mining and I never thought of that.

I've never been involved with crypto currency, but I did use to mine for a project called United Devices. If anyone remembers SETI@home (mining alien data) from around 20 years ago, then United Devices was similar. Again, 20 years ago, except you were mining data for cancer research. I did it from 2001 until around 2006/7 when the project ended. While the project in itself was a success, I believe a lot more mining can be done for cancer using CPU and GPU power. Also, for other medical projects, processing data from space / the solar system, future space missions, genetics, all sorts of algorithms, how AI works. I'm sure there are lots of useful things that mining can be used in.

Soldato
That's an interesting way at looking at mining and I never thought of that.

I've never been involved with crypto currency, but I did use to mine for a project called United Devices. If anyone remembers SETI@home (mining alien data) from around 20 years ago, then United Devices was similar. Again, 20 years ago, except you were mining data for cancer research. I did it from 2001 until around 2006/7 when the project ended. While the project in itself was a success, I believe a lot more mining can be done for cancer using CPU and GPU power. Also, for other medical projects, processing data from space / the solar system, future space missions, genetics, all sorts of algorithms, how AI works. I'm sure there are lots of useful things that mining can be used in.
The thing back then was, pre AMD speedstep and whatever the Intel equivalent was called, your CPU genuinely had 'unused' cycles costing money but doing nothing useful.

I see a lot of the sustainability focused big firms are really concerned about the impact of BitCoin and other cryptos. The electricity consumption is more than a lot of countries now. I can see it being a big part of its demise/lack of proper societal integration.

Man of Honour
The thing back then was, pre AMD speedstep and whatever the Intel equivalent was called, your CPU genuinely had 'unused' cycles costing money but doing nothing useful.

I see a lot of the sustainability focused big firms are really concerned about the impact of BitCoin and other cryptos. The electricity consumption is more than a lot of countries now. I can see it being a big part of its demise/lack of proper societal integration.

Iceland. Thanks to their miniscule population and very specific geological conditions, they have an abundance of extremely cheap "green" electricity and very effective and almost free cooling. Just the job for a bazillion cards "mining" crypto currency.

Associate
I am also curious about what exactly you mean about number of posts. To be very honest im so new to the forum that I dont even know how I can post anything other than replyíes and queestions to peoples' already existing topics

Caporegime
I am also curious about what exactly you mean about number of posts. To be very honest im so new to the forum that I dont even know how I can post anything other than replyíes and queestions to peoples' already existing topics

Erm....you do that ...post replies.

OR create threads (that aren't spam), or you post in existing threads and update people on stuff (things you've purchased for instance if you're that was inclined)

It's about getting involved.

I'm a little dubious that you've joined a computing forum with the name Cryptonian, are looking for access to the Crypto sub forum specifically :p

Associate

I didn't realise until now, but as mentioned you need both post counts and have existed for a minimum time before you get access to some parts of the forums. I don't think most places on the forum has any limits? Unless things have changed since I joined.

Associate
Thank you for the replies. I am a crypto enthusiast I have to admit however that I have little technical knowledge and I'm looking to expand and run it against more experienced people :D

thanks again for your help

Caporegime
I didn't realise until now, but as mentioned you need both post counts and have existed for a minimum time before you get access to some parts of the forums. I don't think most places on the forum has any limits? Unless things have changed since I joined.

Pretty much the MM and the Crypto part I think.

And the Pr0n section.

Soldato
what is the requirements for the Cypto forum? i dont really post, just read lots!
Here is your clue. Back track from his post.

Yeah, there's a minimum post count and membership time to access the crypto forum (was getting bombarded with spam posts), you should be able to access though now (or at least today as some point) as you meet both requirements.

Soldato
I've heard you have to send a video to the mods of you rolling one of your trouser legs up to your knee, touch your nose with one finger, while rubbing your belly with your other hand, and jump up and down on one leg chanting "crypto, crypto, crypto". ;)

Back
Top Bottom