What is your iPhone battery health (and how old)?

Soldato
iPhone 13 pro 100%, got since release date.

Wireless charged every night (unless I’m not home), wireless charger in car and have a 29w ipad charger that i use if I’m heading out and want to quickly charge it before leaving.

Suspect after the warranty is out on the device, it’ll plummet.

Associate
iPhone 13 Pro from launch at 96% have mainly done the charge to 80% and discharge to 20%. Was at 100% till June them lost 4% in less than 2 months. Wife got a IPhone 13 Pro Max on 99% from launch.

Soldato
iPhone 13 Pro from launch at 96% have mainly done the charge to 80% and discharge to 20%. Was at 100% till June them lost 4% in less than 2 months. Wife got a IPhone 13 Pro Max on 99% from launch.

Pointless doing this with the optimised charging, just enable it. Charge it and get up in the morning with 100% battery. It’ll auto charge to 80% then cut off, then fully charge it for you 10-15minutes before it’s due to come off charge.

Soldato
There is a free version, yes.
Perfect! Thanks! When an iPhone was being repaired a couple of weeks ago, the repair guy mentioned he thought the battery was in bad shape. Maybe this app can shed some light on that!

Soldato
13 pro max bought at launch. At 94% battery health now.. is that in line with where I should expect it to be? Phone is charged overnight on MagSafe

Soldato
Got it. I have noticed a dip is battery life in the last couple of months but I suppose only to be expected. Is there an optimum point at which I should replace the battery? I have AppleCare plus, and I think they include a free replacement once it goes below 80%?

Soldato
iPhone 13 pro 100%, got since release date.

Wireless charged every night (unless I’m not home), wireless charger in car and have a 29w ipad charger that i use if I’m heading out and want to quickly charge it before leaving.

Suspect after the warranty is out on the device, it’ll plummet.

Oh look, it’s now September.

99%

Soldato
If you keep the battery between 40 and 80 I can almost guarantee your battery health will still be at 100 after a year
Are there apps that at least will stop the charge at 80% automatically? ie: Not just a warning but physically automatically stop any further charge? (Suspect not)

Soldato
Are there apps that at least will stop the charge at 80% automatically? ie: Not just a warning but physically automatically stop any further charge? (Suspect not)

I don't believe so. My fiancé's Pixel 6 is much better in this regard, because she can set a silent alarm for 10am and the phone won't charge past 80% because she wakes up between 6-7am.

Apple's attempt at AI is garbage at best.

Back
Top Bottom