What item of clothing or accessory have you owned the longest and still wear?

Soldato
I have a PokerStars hoodie I got in 2006 that I still wear about twice a year when I run a works charity poker tournament.

My wife can trump that though. She has a beautiful quirky braided jacket (think Adam Ant as a highwayman!) that is 39 years old that still gets an outing now and again followed by a dry clean and wrapped up before being hung up for another year or two.

Last edited:
Associate
I still use, well used to wear till my weight increase, a piece of cloth that I my parents bought around 20 years ago. Pull & Bear.

Soldato
I have a couple of t-shirts from Forbidden Planet which must date back to the 1990s that are regularly worn as gardening/DIY shirts now that they’re faded/have a few small holes/are a bit tight.

Wearing the Omni Consumer Products one as I type this and the Cyberdyne Systems one is in the wash.

Got a Barbour clay shooting vest that doesn‘t get worn much these days which dates from NEC sponsoring me in 1998-99 and a reversible woodland camo/hunter safety orange body warmer from a hunting trip to Wyoming in 2000 that gets worn for gardening and if I need to go into my woodland during hunting season.

Associate
Pair of Nike canvas plimsolls. Bought them soon after getting my first job as a teen back in roughly 1997. They get occassional use and are freshened up with a brand new pair of spanking white laces.

Am now a person who only buys clothes if current stuff is wearing out. When it does get too tatty, it is used for gardening or DIY where it may get ripped or trashed anyway.

Looking at my wardrobe, I see there is nothing other than socks that I've bought in the past 3-4 years or so.

Soldato
I just noticed the orange hunting vest I purchased on my very hunting trip to the USA in 1987 hanging in the utility room. Last worn a year ago when I went out into the fields near my house to introduce myself to some of the local chasse.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
A pair of brogues I bought in 1982 (41 years ago). Wear them about 2 weeks a year. They've been resoled once.

Last edited:
Soldato
G Star Lightweight shirt/jacket I bought about 25 years ago, cost me about £80 which was a lot for me back then. Still looks great, worn 4/5/6 times a year since then.

Back
Top Bottom