What kind of sick animal would do this to a 4(!!!) year old boy???

Permabanned
$loth said:
I saw 4 year olds playing outside with others the same age yesturday. Like I did when I was that age.

They weren't on their own then ...... as they were with eachother.....

Associate
When i saw this yesterday it totally shocked me :(

PeterNem said:
Seems quite odd to me. I grew up in a medium sized pretty sleepy village, but I'd have never been allowed out at that age on my own.

I think I'd probably have been 7 or 8 before I'd be allowed out unsupervised, and even then I was told not to leave the street we lived on and I did exactly as my parents asked.

4 years is too young for a kid to be out unsupervised, but that's just my opinion.

Totally agree.

My son is nearly four and there is no way he will be playing out in the street.

What's wrong with the back yard?

KizZ said:
Why do people only post sad news :( ?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that much good news about :(

Caporegime
I saw my mum last night and i asked her about when I was 4. When i said "did you let me play in the street?" she laughed telling me not to be stupid.

Although she did comment about council estates and droves of little kids roaming around like wild dogs.

Soldato
I have to say that I am amazed at the amount of people who were allowed to run around, on their own at the age of 4. I'm sorry but that is shocking beyond belief.

dirtydog said:
Not everyone has a back yard or garden.

So that's an excuse to let kids run around the streets?

Permabanned
Robert said:
So that's an excuse to let kids run around the streets?

I don't think I said that
headscratchqs5.gif

I was just pointing it out for those people who forget that we don't all live in houses :)

Permabanned
dirtydog said:
I don't think I said that
headscratchqs5.gif

I was just pointing it out for those people who forget that we don't all live in houses :)

The people in question have a really large back garden, lucky so and so's.
From what I gathered from the news the kid was thought ot be in the allyway that runs the length of the parents garden when he was taken round behind the garden and assaulted.

Soldato
VIRII said:
It is very different here and we're in a sleepy village.
My 4 year old is currently trying to draw Daleks downstairs and there is no way on earth that she would be allowed out on her own mostly because of the dangers of cars.
I can't recall running about at 4 (I can't recall being 4, I am suprised that you can tbh, my earliest clear childhood memories are aged 6 or 7) and the kids round here hang about in groups (usually family based groups) aged 8-14.
I don't think anyone I know would allow a 4 year old to roam free.

Totally agree. Would not let my 4 year old out alone for a long time yet and we live in a very nice and quiet area now.

Poor little boy though, cannot believe someone would do this.

Soldato
Efour2 said:
He's 11. who do you blame.

It's the old nature versus nurture argument. I think perhaps certain people just have this kind of thing in them, whist others don't, but I'm sure there has to be a degree of blame to lay with his parents for the way he has been raised.

Permabanned
PeterNem said:
It's the old nature versus nurture argument. I think perhaps certain people just have this kind of thing in them, whist others don't, but I'm sure there has to be a degree of blame to lay with his parents for the way he has been raised.

There does seem ot be an increase in the level of violence that young children are prepared to inflict upon eachother though.

Back
Top Bottom