What Linux Operating Systems do you like?

I've currently got 10 Debian VMs running 24x7 and they never crash. I have one running OpenVPN that sometimes loses connection but I'm pretty sure that's down to my VPN provider.

Takes less than 10 minutes to create a VM, install from the Netinst ISO and do the basic configuration (Proxmox). Much quicker with a template.

My distro hopping has finally ended....I think.
I've had Linux Mint blazing on my crummy Inspiron 15 3535 for a month or two. It just works and lets me do light-medium stuff without being nagged. I just love its simplicity and it's software manager is the best I've used. The biggest benefit is battery life - Under Windows 11 Bloat I was hitting some 5hrs tops so I was perma tethered to mains. Under Mint I am hitting 7-8hrs. At first I thought this was just a poor estimate from the Mint Power Settings code but it really wasn't.

On my old 2011 Sandybridge gaming rig at me mums, I've got Garuda Linux running for gaming. Satisfactory and other Steam games run without a hitch and as fast as their windows bloat versions did, if not faster. Garuda was a surprise - I haven't even touched Terminal as everything I require is a click away. It is just so fast and robust.

Back
Top Bottom