What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Dug out my flower patch a lot bigger and put better edging down.

Scattered some wildflower seeds to hopefully make a nice bee friendly spot.

Also hopefully they will cover up the patches of my fence that I missed when the lavender bushes were in the way.

Was hot work in this sunshine.

Soldato
Following on from replacing the crappy hinges on my shed, I tackled the handle today as it was seized up and barely opened. I was going to bin it, but after a soak in WD40 it loosened up and then I packed it with marine grease to hopefully stop water getting to the metally bits.

3CxsRTt.jpg.png

Also sprayed the hasp and staple with some satin black Simoniz tough paint, which I have used before and it's really good stuff. It'll still wear away at the edges as thats unavoidable, but it does hold up to the weather and wear and tear very well. I used it on the furniture on my gate and it's still looking good 4-5 years later.

tJIoyHg.jpg.png

jfx4aPz.jpg.png

Soldato
I sort of wish I'd done the before pictures... Completely emptied the garage, and ripped out an old half size kitchen unit that the previous house owners had installed at the end of the garage. Replaced it with a few budget units and worktop from Wickes, and repainted the floor, and put some different wall storage in.

P8xg5xe.jpg
agHgUpe.jpg

The second job took a little longer to finish. It began in October last year, when we decided to have our old failing decking pulled up. I had a plan to increase the deck size and surround it with raised planters to create a Mediterranean feel, and worked with a local gardener and builder. This weekend we finally finished the planting and touched up some of the painting.

October 2018, with decking removed.

v0wuO3p.jpg

And today.

AjUujUq.jpg

eIQrP5t.jpg

Soldato
Your next job is to un cleat that extension cable and re cleat it in a straight line to right hand wall and put slack behind that bag. Talk about a sore thumb :p

Other than that cracking job on patio.

Man of Honour
Great job, love the raised planters :)

Your next job is to un cleat that extension cable and re cleat it in a straight line to right hand wall and put slack behind that bag. Talk about a sore thumb :p

Other than that cracking job on patio.

And please remove the stickers from the washing machine :D

Caporegime
Over the bank hols I:

Planted a tree (dwarf cherry blossom)
Built all the furniture for the study
Installed an Elfa system in to the bedroom closet space
Mounted a tv
Installed cable ducts for both mounted tvs
Mounted towel rail for downstairs loo
Put up some pictures
Disposed of a lot of crap at the dump

Associate
Spent some the bank holiday laying laminate. I'm not really one for DIY, and turns out the walls are slightly slanted, so took a bit more work than first thought. 2 rooms down, 4 to go.

Soldato
Did some minor stuff over the long weekend at the grand-in-laws' old house. Lovely 70s vintage everything, beige and floral and dodgy wiring everywhere. I found a light bulb fitting with the wires just twisted and electrical taped :eek:

Two new ceiling roses and a plug for the washing machine. Old one had about 6 different faults including a frankly rattly live pin.

Haven't collected the new light fittings/shades yet but those vintage monstrosities had to go! At least we're not sitting in 40W of dim light anymore

Soldato
It's a load bearing stone. There are no posts at this end of the decking. In total there are 6 load bearing points that rest on wood piles or broken bricks instead of posts.
Are them timbers pressure treated? Its hard to tell if its green in the picture as it just looks like untreated construction timber. If it's not green irl, then you might want to try and get your money back as that will start to rot in no time.

Associate
Are them timbers pressure treated? Its hard to tell if its green in the picture as it just looks like untreated construction timber. If it's not green irl, then you might want to try and get your money back as that will start to rot in no time.
it could be cls, that's treated but appears a bit yellow in colour not green, but cant really tell from the pics

Back
Top Bottom