1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What "man jobs" have you done today?

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by jaybee, Aug 18, 2012.

1. DXP55

Mobster

We had two cats but still had rats in chicken run. Had to turn pen on it's side so wife could clout the rat with a spade then throw it in water butt to finish it off.
    I could never neck em they just never snapped for me so next door did it- made it look so easy.

2. joelk2

Soldato

Laid some slabs.

[​IMG]

3. fobose

Mobster

Come on TB, where is the fun in glossing if your not wrapping your knuckles over the carpet gripper? ;)

That's coming on nicely :D

4. {SAS}TB

Soldato

HA HA :D well were not putting carpet back in here and the boss is glossing this area so seemed a bit pointless :p

I did make sure to gouge a few knuckles while dropping the gripper rod off at the tip though :D

5. fobose

Mobster

Oooh extra points for taking it to the tip tbh. I just grabbed all of my gripper and broke it in to lots of pieces (approx 300-400mm lengths) with my hands as I was removing it and then dropped it in my black bin!

6. {SAS}TB

Soldato

Lol,.good effort - they got shoved in the black bin bag with the carpet offcuts. The longer pieces you can see I wrapped a carpet offcut round so i could carry them without ripping hands.to shreds

Had to go to B&Q for supplies which means passing within a.few hundred.metres of the tip do thought id Bob in. Had.a.few.more bags full of wallpaper from.stripping the other bedroom :D

7. mOdO

Wise Guy

Set up my yale wireless alarm and door contacts. Really easy to configure.

8. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Haha, today I tired to setup the Yale IA-320 alarm. Got to the point where I stuffed it all back into the box before it pushed me to launching it out the window.

I normally have no issue with confining tech even when there are problems and fault finding is required but wow I found this system bugging as hell. A bit of reading since and seems a couple of the devices had become un-synced which I'll sort tomorrow but this meant the control pad could arm the system but not turn it off!! :rolleyes:

The app is really poor.

9. Dave85

Sgarrista

Finally nearly done with my little garden projects. Built my 6ft fence the ground tapers up hill so did my best to match it and due to wood shortage the wood i got had some bend to it but had to make do so will replace in future. I'm quite happy with it for my first ever fence and gate its not perfect but I have that I made this vibe hah. Local mate made my wood burner and it gets amazingly hot. Add some keter fake rattan and a bbq bench for the ooni and im sorted to sip beer and eat pizza :D

The shed has since been sanded and painted no pics yet as still in progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. thenewoc

Soldato

The patio looks lovely but what happened to the right hand side fence, doesn't look like it's got any posts and a blind person errected it or mr blobby has crashed through it at some stage.

11. mOdO

Wise Guy

Strange that they have unsynced. I agree the app is basic but does the job.

12. joelk2

Soldato

The neighbor erected that bad boy. He's used those push in bases which are no good for anything. The fence is only still standing as it's leaning on my shed.

He has concreted one of the posts in after the winds took out a panel but he's reused the same post and only dug it in around a foot.

13. Kill_Phil

Wise Guy

@joelk2 I know your pain having previously lived next to a neighbour who didn't give two hoots about their fence.

Just a matter of time when the rest will come falling down!

P.s patio looks good!

14. Siliconslave

Man of Honour

wait till its properly windy then go and push it over in the middle of the night ;)

15. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Installed 5 meters of PIR LED's around the kitchen cabinets. Saves turning on the big lights and it's adjustable from 10 seconds to 10 minutes, well handy.

[​IMG]

16. LuckyBenski

Mobster

Oh I like that... Might install one in my kitchen. How's it connected? I already have the lights but they're on a panel switch.

17. MrMarvelous

Soldato

The LED strip is connected to a PIR sensor which is connected to mains power though i'm sure with the right adapter you'll be able to run it off of a USB out. This is the kit I purchased - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233236830646.

I'll take some more pictures tomorrow for you of the close-ups.

18. D5T

Gangster

Just copied your idea. Best of both worlds leaving the carpet in situ whilst doing the prep and glossing - genius. Thanks

19. PaDE

Gangster

Failed miserably for the second time trying to fish some cat 6 for an outdoor security camera above some soffit space.

The thing is the electrician managed it putting the spots in. So there is some route.

I’ve had the spots down and tried following the electrical cable whilst using one of those cheap cavity cameras. Nada, zilch.

the camera looks good though. It just doesn’t work yet

20. {SAS}TB

Soldato

He he you're welcome :D