What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
That decking is way too high
It looks comical how high it is against the fence lol

If I was that neighbour I would be unhappy with that.

Soldato
Shifted 64 stone paving slabs in 31 trips back and forth in about 2 hours of from packaged and crated on the front drive

IMG-20210424-094054.jpg

To stacked, by size, in the back garden ready for Monday when the patio guys are here

IMG-20210424-144921-01.jpg

I won't lie, I'm knackered :cry:

Associate
Fixed a leaking water butt with a bit of DIY plastic welding and then fixed my garage broom. It came with some crappy plastic screw bit connecting the handle and head so that needed remedying.

Associate
Not something I've done yet, but I'm feeling motivated to try painting my exterior doors and garden fence the same colours as the lounge cabinets I will be getting (French Gray). Try to do the outside first before trying to DIY the inside in complementary colours.

Associate
Lives in squalor for 3 years and now wants to paint a fence. Winning :p

Simply because of how much I like this colour I'll be getting soon for my fitted lounge stuff https://i.imgur.com/lfUfn3u.jpg

I was thinking the lounge skirting boards as well, outside fences and doors in the same colour to start with and to get practice, then try to work myself up to managing the actual interior walls, because unless I manage to find a 10 hour permitted work thing I'm never going to able to afford a painter (Will take me at least 6 months to save up for a T.V after getting my lounge furniture done). Last time I tried to stack shelves and move my stuff into the house I fell over a lot, and also when I started my physio stuff. My ankles still haven't regained full movement after buggering up last year and I don't think they ever will now.

If I have to raise my head or twist my body too much I end up on the ground, the gardening stuff is going ok because I get to keep my head down while doing that as well it being like vacuuming that I lean on the tools.

But I'm completely broken today with exhaustion and hand pain but refusing to take my opiods because those are only if I need to go to appointments and cant simply go to bed.

Soldato
Took a couple of days, but put together, wood stained and fixed into the ground a new arbour / trellis. It's virtually like for like what used to be there - except the old one was rotten through and had collapsed. Had to cut back all the thorny climbing plants to replace it. Will take a few years for the new climbers to cover it again.

Arbour.jpg

Soldato
Cleared "half" the kitchen out / boxes up nonessentials in preparation of the roof coming off / new roof this coming week and then the demo of the existing wall into the extension and the dividing wall into the old utility

IMG-20210425-191313.jpg

IMG-20210425-191320.jpg

IMG-20210425-191326.jpg

IMG-20210425-191335.jpg

Associate
I have just seen another job that will need doing.....wasps going under a sofit board and into the roof on the extension.
Only very small gaps on the brick joints, so will silicone along it through the week.

Back
Top Bottom