What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Central light fittings are a nightmare to buy for. Those look pretty good! My Mum bought bird cage things once and we ripped her hard for it - ended up going back to the usual pendant style.

Soldato
Starting pulling apart the kitchen to fix some of the presents left by the previous owner.

Yv7Bice.jpg bhFv91e.jpg SOvCJUt.jpg Oh32GMV.jpg

Fixing the bodges one at a time as and when i find them.

zjGeMfd.jpg

Need to cut a hole in the back of the unit as i can see another taped joint behind there but cant reach it. Luckily it will be hidden by the drawers (the hole that is the cable will be repaired properly)

Last edited:
Soldato
How that hasn't started a fire I don't know. How hard would it have been to at least put it in some terminal blocks before wrapping? It'd still be incorrect, but better than twisting by hand!

Soldato
Central light fittings are a nightmare to buy for. Those look pretty good! My Mum bought bird cage things once and we ripped her hard for it - ended up going back to the usual pendant style.

Cheers :) There were a lot of pendant style lights I really liked, but we have really low ceilings in this house :( So had to stick with semi flush fittings. Taller visitors were knocking their heads on the old chandeliers :p

Soldato
Walked past a skip and spotted a cable reel. I was about to end up buying a crappy beech effect IKEA table for my little one. This is much better as a craft/lunch table. Bevelled the edge with a router and then sanded. The edges are still a bit rough so a pint to anyone who has a genius edging solution... I'll probably end up layering up the top and bottom with MDF and then finishing the edge but then I am pretty close to just buying a table, lol.

MP4Fh2X.jpeg

Soldato
Walked past a skip and spotted a cable reel. I was about to end up buying a crappy beech effect IKEA table for my little one. This is much better as a craft/lunch table. Bevelled the edge with a router and then sanded. The edges are still a bit rough so a pint to anyone who has a genius edging solution... I'll probably end up layering up the top and bottom with MDF and then finishing the edge but then I am pretty close to just buying a table, lol.

MP4Fh2X.jpeg
I'd have thought a bit of sanding would solve that, maybe paint it to try and reduce splinters?

Soldato
Shifted the gazebo kit off the drive and round the back of the house ready for it being erected (matron!) - hopefully.in the next week or so ....

Before

IMG-20211106-084547.jpg

After

IMG-20211106-105021.jpg

IMG-20211106-103637.jpg

IMG-20211106-103641.jpg

IMG-20211106-103649.jpg

IMG-20211106-103718.jpg

IMG-20211106-103739.jpg

IMG-20211106-103726.jpg

IMG-20211106-104731.jpg

Absolutely shattered now :D

Soldato
Due to a small amount of intermittent kettling on a combi boiler I had Sentinel X400 system cleaner circulating around the central heating for the last 3 weeks, which I flushed out this afternoon.

Whilst it was all drained down I used the water filling tap on the boiler to flush it out further with noticeable black deposits appearing, did so until it was clear. The Magnaclean should pick up anything else in the CH.

After a second full flush, I topped up with Sentinel X100 inhibitor and no sign of any noise on the boiler and it's heating the hot water to a higher temp, another strange trait from before was when supplying hot water the boiler would cycle on off briefly approximately every minute or so which I think was a result of one of the temp sensors on one of the heat exchangers getting to high, causing the boiler to cut out, probably through reduced flow because of a small blockage, which it now no longer does. So all in all well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom