What "man jobs" have you done today?

En suite is being done so I took the opportunity to run Ethernet from the loft into the kitchen.

v3a5YHj.jpg

Mods - I messed up and don't know how to unmess it -can you move this to What man jobs - Ta!

My new Heath Robinson bodge job.

The garden at front of house is on two levels -high at back where house is and lower where the road is and years ago after we had top slabbed I put a drain from top down right side border to bottom garden and from the pipe in picture just had a 90 deg bend and a pipe just draining onto pebbles on path.

Now I am putting in a soakaway that I have bodged up from a plastic bucket with a gully on top.

KclPG3q.jpg

the second pic is where it's going.

xiBwoD5.jpg

Third pic is bucket buried and half full of gravel.

yCbplf8.jpg

Forth pic is it in ground and just got to extend end of pipe into gully. - Also got to fill soil to just under the top of gulley - It is sque wiff because of rocks from stone wall behind.

Dmrg3I4.jpg

Our ground is good soil on top of sandy soil so drainage isn't a problem

Took up the boards in the loft to replace the in ceiling extractor which is crap, with an inline one. Very fiddly to get the hose on, and the loft being about 50 degrees helped a lot!

40-B5-CE83-5996-4544-A977-572533-A86-E2-A-1-105-c.jpg

C734-B99-F-C1-B6-4-C01-82-DB-3-BE3-D77-A8227-1-105-c.jpg

Will fill the hole and move the hose to directly over the shower and cover with a grille.

Been a nightmare today, the bint took ages and I had to get beer for myself many times. But it's over now, she's showering and hopefully reading my dinner menu demands, and has the cooker warming up... ;) I'll examine the lawn tomorrow when I have sobered up, don't want to give praise due to beer goggles :) A man's work and all that.... :) Love these Whitsun breaks!

hard-work.jpg

Been a nightmare today, the bint took ages and I had to get beer for myself many times. But it's over now, she's showering and hopefully reading my dinner menu demands, and has the cooker warming up... ;) I'll examine the lawn tomorrow when I have sobered up, don't want to give praise due to beer goggles :) A man's work and all that.... :) Love these Whitsun breaks!
You trust her not to crash into anything?

You trust her not to crash into anything?

Funny you should say this, when she first got this POS mower she rammed it into her own car and stoved the base of the front wing in. Then put the wheelie bin by it, to hide the evidence, but I'd already heard the bang <LOL>

Claimed it had "malfunctioned". Glad my cars are one MOT from the scrap man ;)

Funny you should say this, when she first got this POS mower she rammed it into her own car and stoved the base of the front wing in. Then put the wheelie bin by it, to hide the evidence, but I'd already heard the bang <LOL>

Claimed it had "malfunctioned". Glad my cars are one MOT from the scrap man ;)
What do you mean a POS it's a ATCO -says so on the side.

Done some maning today.

Old nipple bathroom ceiling light fell off ceiling few weeks ago. Been using the mirror light since. Finally got all the parts. Took off the nipple light.. Uh oh. Rose!

Now I've never rewired anything like that but looks easy. Except there were a cheeky 5 wires in loop. 5 in neutral (Inc light to be fitted) and 3 for live (as normal).

I guess the bathroom mirror light is attached to this same fitting?

Sucess! No tripped switch on power on, no fire and no death! Win.

arpkgeO.jpg

MePZM5j.jpg
izfrwPT.jpg

Old nipple looked like this.. But uglier.
FxMIrv4.jpg

New light.. Don't like cool white so will change bulb!
Was quite hard to find a glass one. The plastic ones on amazon look. OK in the promo pic. But in the review real pics look gash.
A5xelud.jpg

Last edited:
Done some maning today.

Old nipple bathroom ceiling light fell off ceiling few weeks ago. Been using the mirror light since. Finally got all the parts. Took off the nipple light.. Uh oh. Rose!

Now I've never rewired anything like that but looks easy. Except there were a cheeky 5 wires in loop. 5 in neutral (Inc light to be fitted) and 3 for live (as normal).

I guess the bathroom mirror light is attached to this same fitting?

Sucess! No tripped switch on power on, no fire and no death! Win.

arpkgeO.jpg

MePZM5j.jpg
izfrwPT.jpg

Old nipple looked like this.. But uglier.
FxMIrv4.jpg

New light.. Don't like cool white so will change bulb!
Was quite hard to find a glass one. The plastic ones on amazon look. OK in the promo pic. But in the review real pics look gash.
A5xelud.jpg

No fire, no acrid smoke, no consumer panel trip, and ultimately good and as expected illumination... I call that a win!

I use he and she in the correct and conventional manner. Rest assured she's female and shows all the correct late middle age hormonal traits :(
Windows open in the middle of winter then :cry:. Up above about the doors sagging, you can normally adjust the hinges. If you google the make or show us a pic of the hinges on here I'm sure someone can advise.

Back
Top Bottom