What "man jobs" have you done today?

It is from Raceglaze. it is meant for car washing but I guess will help with the windows too. The pipes are not frost proof no but it has never frozen there because it is next to the house and there is a fence the other side so is a bit of weird heat trap in winter. I will most likely make an enclosure for it though to protect the resin.

In the house we are the same. Just in line scale reducers for the bath/shower. I just buy them in bulk and replace once every 6 months. Our 16 year old daughter battles the limescale for us with the aid of cilit bang and £10 a week :D.
Sounds like a good plan to protect the filter.
Our scale reducing filter is a 'whole of house' fitted just after the stop ****. Seems to work quite well. I change the filter every 2 years but probably better if I did it every year.

Good work on getting your 16yr old to help with the limescale.

And men are still thickos who can't survive life's basics without women... According to the adverts on TV.

Get yourself to the doctor, you need a replacement funny bone chief :cool:
With my wife it's definitely the other way round, she can do stuff on the pc at her work place but when she uses ours it's not the same(both Windows systems) can't undo the plastic lid on a juice carton etc

We have skimmed milk in cartons and wife has struggled for years to open them -She lifts up one end with dots to show you where to cut then lifts the other end -Yep you pick it up and slosh -The sides squash in and milk flys out of spout.
Finally got her to leave the other side and it won't squash -Then she said it blubs out and misses cup.
So fix number two -I showed her how to bodge two holes in opposite side to spout with one point of scissors and twist the slot into a hole -She bodged it but kept forgetting to open slot up to a hole,
Those two holes allow air in to replace milk and you get a nice smooth flow of milk when pouring.
Sometimes I dispair.

Last edited:
Socket moved so a wardrobe won't block it and a light in the middle of the room instead of by the window. Used some stripwood to bring out the door frame so the plasterer can work into it and my architrave will sit flush/above rather than having the chip away at new plaster like I did in the last room. Once the architrave is on and painted you won't notice it.

Example from where I did the same in another room.

Managed to easi fill all the cable chases and smashed out back boxes for light switches after work last night. Takes a while to get the hang of it I find, but having a batch of 8 to do was much better practise than one at a time.

Quite enjoying squeezing jobs into the evening around work, even if it leaves me knackered the next day!

Managed to easi fill all the cable chases and smashed out back boxes for light switches after work last night. Takes a while to get the hang of it I find, but having a batch of 8 to do was much better practise than one at a time.

Quite enjoying squeezing jobs into the evening around work, even if it leaves me knackered the next day!
I find doing a deep fill (white stuff) and then the brown final stuff applied and then tickled with a grout float with loads of water sprayed on means I get an absolutely flawless finish. Great stuff

I find doing a deep fill (white stuff) and then the brown final stuff applied and then tickled with a grout float with loads of water sprayed on means I get an absolutely flawless finish. Great stuff

There used to be a gif for that :p

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Last edited:
Split and stacked the last of the firewood I cut over the winter.
Strimmed around the edges of the orchard. Prob need to cut it soon as the grass is around 5ft and starting to collapse on itself.
Re-cut the dog walking path through the fields
Done some weeding
Put more corn in the veg garden

Done by 3.

Back
Top Bottom